🕒 25m 👤 4
Have you ever eaten Yucatecan fried pumpkin? This simple dish is one of the traditional foods of that Mexican region, a seat in addition to the Mayan culture. Although you can add a little chicken or pork to vary the preparation a bit, the original recipe only includes vegetables. So go ahead and prepare it, you can’t imagine how easy it is if you follow the steps of Easyrecipe.top!
Take note of all the ingredients you need to cook this Yucatecan fried pumpkin. Let’s get started!
- 600 gr. from pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 3 teeth of Garlic
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 sweet chili seedless (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 gr. fresh cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Yucatecan fried pumpkin preparation
- Before starting you must remove the skin of the pumpkin with a sharp knife and cut into small pieces. Then wash it well and drain it. Reservation.
- Peel the onion and cut it into cubes, wash the coriander and chop it finely. After washing the tomatoes, chop them in 4 and crush them together with the garlic and the water in the blender or mixer. If you don’t have, you can dice them too.
- If you are going to include the chilies, cut them into julienne strips but do not include the seeds, which is what gives it the heat, unless you like the spiciness of course.
- Place the chopped pumpkin, onion, cilantro and crushed tomato in a pot, stir so that everything is integrated and cook over low heat with the lid on.
- After 5 minutes, add the oil, salt to taste, the dehydrated chicken broth, oregano and a little pepper for flavor.
- Stir again and cook until the vegetables are soft. Cover again.
- When your fried Yucatecan squash is ready, serve it piping hot with a little cream and grated fresh cheese. Enjoy it!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Yucatecan fried pumpkin recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Yucatecan fried pumpkin recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Taco Tuesday: Mexican-Style Zucchini Tacos
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Yucatecan fried pumpkin recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Yucatecan fried pumpkin recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeYucatecan fried squash recipe