🕒 45m 👤 4
The cassava with pork rinds It is one of the most outstanding traditional dishes of the gastronomy of Honduras and El Salvador, although this rich combination is also enjoyed in other Latin American countries, and it is delicious! The best thing is that showing off at home preparing a crispy pork rind and a perfectly fried yuquita is easier than you think.
Accompany this tasty dish with a rich coleslaw and leaves everyone licking their fingers with its flavor. Follow the step by step that we bring you in Easyrecipe.top and become a star chef in minutes.
- 300 gr. from Yucca
- 200 gr. of pork rinds
- two tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 hot chili
- Vegetable oil
Preparation of cassava with pork rinds
- Start by washing the yuca well, then carefully peel it, cut it in half, and then cut the two halves lengthwise to have 4 pieces for each yuca.
- Remove the strand from the middle and cut the yucca into pieces or sticks, regardless of the shape you choose, try to make them of a similar thickness.
- Fill a pot with plenty of water and bring to a boil with salt over high heat, when it starts to boil add the yuca and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Once ready, strain and reserve.
- While the yucca is being prepared, fry the pork rind. Add vegetable oil to a skillet or high pot and bring to medium heat. Salt and pepper the pieces of pork rind and when the oil is hot, begin to fry them on both sides until they are golden brown.
- As you remove the pork rind, place it on a plate or tray with absorbent paper to remove the excess oil and make it more crisp and tasty.
- Now comes the time to prepare the dressing or dressing, also known as chilmol. Wash and peel the onions and cut them into small squares or julienne, also wash in tomato and cut into cubes, do the same with the hot chili.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste as well as a good splash of vinegar. Mix well, taste and rectify with salt or vinegar if necessary.
- Serve your yuca with pork rinds by first placing the cooked yucca, on top of it the fried pork rinds and then the tomato, onion, chili and vinegar dressing. Eat hot and enjoy this tasty traditional dish.
- If you wish, you can also serve with fried yucca, in that case after cooking it in water, strain it, dry it and fry it in plenty of oil until it is well browned, tasty!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of yucca with chicharron (pork rinds)
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of yucca with chicharron (pork rinds). Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Yuca Con Mojo TWO Ways | Dominican & Cuban Recipes | Chef Zee Cooks
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of yucca with chicharron (pork rinds) here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of yucca with chicharron (pork rinds). Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeYuca with cracklings recipe