🕒 50m 👤 4
Although empanadas are very popular in Latin America, each country prepares them in their own way and following their culinary traditions. Today in Easyrecipe.top, we invite you to cook some Colombian yucca empanadas so you can enjoy one of the best delicacies in this country.
Serve them with a sweet chili sauce or one garlic parsley sauce and you will hallucinate with the combination of flavors.
Get everything ready in the kitchen and run to prepare these Colombian yucca empanadas. Try them because they are delicious!
For the mass:
- 500 gr. from Yucca
- 1/4 cup of precooked cornmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon of saffron or onoto
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the filling:
- 1 egg Cooked
- 250 gr. from Ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 teeth of Garlic
- 1 chives
- 1 tomato
- 1 dad cooked
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1 sweet pepper
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Two spoons of olive oil
Preparation of Colombian cassava empanadas
- The first step in making the empanadas is making the dough. To do this, peel the yucca, cut it into pieces and wash it.
- Put enough water in a pot to cover them and when it comes to a boil add it. After 5 minutes add the salt and cook for 10 minutes or until it softens.
- Remove from the water and reserve a little for the preparation of the dough. Mash the yuca with a fork or food processor.
- Place it in a bowl and knead it adding the butter, the cornmeal, the saffron and a little water. When you have a manageable and compact dough it will be ready. Reservation.
- To make the filling, wash all the vegetables well and chop them into small cubes. Add the oil in a pot and when it has the exact temperature add the onion and a little salt.
- Let it poach for a few minutes and when you see it become transparent add the pepper, the sweet pepper, the chives and the minced garlic.
- After 5 minutes, add the tomato and cumin. When the stew is ready, add the meat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, rectify the salt and when it dries, remove from the heat.
- Chop the boiled egg and potatoes into small pieces and add the meat and cilantro. Mix and you will have the filling ready.
- Put a plastic bag or sheet on the table, grease it with oil and place a ball of dough on it. Flatten with a rolling pin and add a tablespoon of filling in the middle without touching the ends. Close the dough into a semicircle and flatten the edges with your fingers.
- Close the dough into a semicircle and flatten the edges with your fingers. Make a cut with a plate on top of the plastic sheet and remove the leftovers. Repeat the procedure until you finish with all the dough.
- Fry your Colombian yucca empanadas in very hot vegetable oil. And then, enjoy them!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of Colombian yucca empanadas
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of Colombian yucca empanadas. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
PASTEL DE YUCA DE MI COLOMBIA!
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of Colombian yucca empanadas here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of Colombian yucca empanadas. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeYuca patties recipe Colombian