🕒 40m 👤 4
Yucca is one of the most versatile and popular foods in Latin cuisine, the perfect companion for juicy grilled meat, a good pork rind or a rich roast chicken. But you can also serve it as a dessert if you dare to prepare this delicious cassava fritters recipe Venezuelan style.
On Easyrecipe.top We propose you some fritters with salty white cheese that you can later serve with a sweet topping such as papelón honeydew. A typical dessert of Venezuelan cuisine that is yummy. Let’s cook!
For the mass:
- 500 gr. from Yucca
- 1 egg big
- Half a cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 200 gr. salty white cheese
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 l. sunflower or corn oil
For the melao:
- 2 cups of panela de papelón grated
- Half cup water
- 2 cloves
Preparation of the cassava fritters
- Start by adding water to a pot, then bring it to medium heat to cook the yuca. While it boils, peel the yuca and cut it into similar-sized portions.
- When the water has reached the boiling point add the yucca and cook until soft. While it cooks you can prepare the papelón melao, to do this add half a cup of water, the grated papelón and the cloves to a small pot, stir and bring to high heat until boiling.
- Lower to medium heat when it begins to boil and cook until the paper is melted, the mixture turns golden and has the texture of a syrup.
- The cooking time is around 10 minutes, you must stir frequently and remove the pot from the heat if the honey starts to rise, then you will have to place it in the heat again when it goes down.
- Once the melao is ready, reserve for the moment to serve your bueñuelos. When the yuca is soft, strain it and grind it with the help of a common or hand blender.
- Place the crushed yucca in a container to make the dough for your fritters. Add the egg, the flour previously sifted to avoid lumps, the teaspoon of sugar, the salt and the grated white cheese.
- Using your hands, knead until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture. Run a little oil through your hands and form the balls that will be your yucca fritters, as you make them you can place them on a plate.
- Pour the liter of oil into a pan and bring to medium heat. When it is hot, start frying the fritters 5 by 5 so that the oil does not get cold, remove them when they are golden brown and place them on a plate covered with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Once ready, serve them preferably hot and covered with the rich papelón molasses that you just made. These Venezuelan cassava fritters are to die for!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of yucca fritters
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of yucca fritters. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How To Make The Perfect Yuca Fritters • Tasty
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of yucca fritters here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of yucca fritters. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeYuca fritters recipe