🕒 45m 👤 4
There is nothing better than starting the day with some delicious Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas, of those crispy toast with melted cheese that just looking at them makes your mouth water.
In Easyrecipe.top We are fans of this appetizer and they are a very versatile dish that you can fill with almost anything and that, if you want, you can combine with some Venezuelan fried arepas just as rich, are you going to wear your boots?
With that said, are you ready to cook some Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas to which there will be no one to resist? Let’s go there!
For the mass:
- 2 cups of precooked cornmeal
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of onoto
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 plastic bag
For the filling:
- 250 gr. from cooked ham
- 250 gr, grated white cheese
Preparation of Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas
- Cut the ham into strips as thin as you can and put it in a bowl. Place the cheese in another and reserve both ingredients in the fridge.
- To start preparing the dough, pour the warm water into another container and gradually add the flour in several parts as you knead with your hands. The ideal is to obtain a soft dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Once the dough is ready, you must add the salt, sugar and onoto. Knead again to season the dough well, then let it rest for five minutes.
- Cut the plastic bag with the help of scissors to form a large square. Then moisten the bag with vegetable oil to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- When the mixture has settled, take a portion with your hands and form a ball the size of a golf ball. Place the ball in the center of the bag and flatten with your fingertips into a wheel.
- Add a tablespoon of ham and cheese to the center of the wheel. Then fold the wheel with the plastic on top in half to form a half moon and seal. Cut the remaining dough out of the crescent with the edge of a saucepan lid.
- Repeat the procedure until all the patties you want to prepare are formed. Then add plenty of vegetable oil to a pan and when it is very hot, fry the patties one by one until they are done and are golden brown.
- Place the empanadas on a plate covered with absorbent paper and let them rest for five minutes. Over time you can eat your rich Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Ham and Cheese Empanada | Mix N Cook
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Venezuelan ham and cheese empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeVenezuelan recipe ham and cheese empanadas