🕒 45m 👤 4
Venezuelan chicken empanadas are our favorites and that is why we want to teach you how to prepare them at home easily. These empanadas are ideal for breakfast or dinner and their irresistible flavor is due to the fact that they are filled with a shredded chicken stew made from vegetable broth and vegetable stir-fry. You’re going to suck your fingers!
If you dare to prepare this meal, in Easyrecipe.top We suggest you accompany your Venezuelan empanadas with a garlic sauce, the contrast of flavors is irresistible on the palate.
Gather all the ingredients and cook with us some delicious Venezuelan chicken empanadas. You are going to succeed with this recipe!
For the mass:
- 2 cups of precooked cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of onoto or turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 plastic bag
For the filling:
- 1 breast of chicken
- one onion
- one Red pepper
- 1 stalk of leek
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of onoto or turmeric color
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of Venezuelan chicken empanadas
- We start preparing the filling: Remove the skin from the chicken breast and then add it to a saucepan along with the 2 cups of vegetable broth, 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Cook the breast over medium heat for 25 minutes without the broth drying out.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients: Wash and dice the leek, onion and pepper very small. Reserve everything.
- When the breast is ready, remove it from the saucepan and save the cooking broth. Wait for the breast to cool and then shred it into very thin strips.
- In a frying pan add a splash of olive oil and when it is hot, add the onion, pepper and leek and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add the shredded chicken, 2 cups of the broth where the breast was cooked, salt to taste, the cumin and the onoto. Mix and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and let stand.
- While the chicken stew is ready, we will prepare the dough: To do this, add the water in a bowl and gradually add the precooked corn flour while kneading. Ideally, get a consistent dough that sticks out of your hands.
- When you have the dough at its point, add the salt, sugar and onoto and knead again to integrate the ingredients. The dough should be yellowish in color, not runny, and not rough.
- Cut the plastic bag with scissors to make a large rectangle. When you have it, moisten the bag with vegetable oil. Take a piece of dough with your hands and form a ball the size of a golf ball.
- Place the ball on the plastic bag and flatten with your fingertips to form a ½ cm thick wheel. Add a generous tablespoon of chicken stew to the center of the wheel, then fold the wheel in half, complete with plastic bag, to form a half moon.
- With the edge of the lid of a saucepan, trim the edges of the crescent to close the empanada and remove the remnants of dough. Repeat the process until all the empanadas that you are going to cook are assembled or until the ingredients are gone.
- When you have finished, fry the empanadas one by one in a pan with plenty of hot vegetable oil. After frying them all, let them rest for 5 minutes and then serve and enjoy. How did they look? Yummy!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Venezuelan chicken empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Venezuelan chicken empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Receta – Empanadas Venezolanas de Pollo de la Chef Alejandra Schrader – Hallmark Channel
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Venezuelan chicken empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Venezuelan chicken empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeVenezuelan recipe chicken empanadas