🕒 30m 👤 4
You like the Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas? !! Congratulations!! You will no longer have to pay to eat them, because in Easyrecipe.top we bring you the step by step so that you cook them at home and they are yummy. This meal is super easy to prepare and will allow you to have one of the best breakfasts in the world served at your table in 30 minutes.
Accompany this dish with a avocado sauce for arepas, best known as guasacaca, it is an avocado and coriander-based mojo that will make a unique and irresistible contrast with the sweet flavor of the male plantain. You’re going to suck your fingers!
That said, what do you think if we start cooking some delicious Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas right now, we are ready: and you? Let’s do it!
For the mass:
- 2 cups of precooked cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of onoto or turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 plastic bag
For the filling:
- one plantain male
- 250 gr of grated white cheese
Preparation of Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas
- The first thing we are going to do is fry the banana: To do this, remove the skin from the banana and cut it into a slice. Then add plenty of vegetable oil and when it is hot, fry the banana until it is golden brown.
- If you bought a whole piece of cheese, grate it with the help of a grater and place it in a bowl. Reserve in the fridge until the time to fill the empanadas.
- Let’s prepare the dough! Incorporate the warm water into a bowl and add the precooked flour little by little and in several parts while kneading with your hands or mixing with a wooden paddle.
- The dough should be consistent, neither too watery nor too dry, if you need water feel free to use a little more.
- Add the salt, sugar and onoto to the dough and continue kneading to integrate all the ingredients and season correctly. When you have the dough ready, let it rest for 5 minutes so that it has a better consistency.
- While the dough is resting, cut out the plastic bag with scissors to form a large square. Then moisten the bag with vegetable oil so that the dough does not stick to it.
- Take a portion of the dough with your hands and form a ball the size of a golf ball. Place the ball in the center of the plastic bag and flatten with your fingertips until you get a ½ centimeter thick wheel.
- Place 2 slices of plantain and a generous tablespoon of grated cheese in the center of the wheel. Then fold the wheel in half, with everything and a plastic bag, to form a half moon.
- With the help of the lid of a sharp saucepan, cut the edges of the crescent to remove excess dough and seal the patty. Repeat the process until all the patties are formed.
- Then add plenty of vegetable oil to a pan and when it is hot, fry the patties one by one until they are done and golden brown.
- Place your empanadas on a plate with absorbent paper to remove excess oil and let them rest for 5 minutes. Over time you will be able to enjoy the best Venezuelan banana and cheese empanadas. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
PLANTAIN Banana? PEELS | Venezuela HARD TIMES – recipes from hardship
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeVenezuelan recipe banana and cheese pies