🕒 55m 👤 4
If you love Mexican pozole, but do not eat food of animal origin, we invite you to prepare this recipe for vegetarian pozole which is as delicious as the original version. Enjoy this soup very hot and if you wish you can add a little lemon juice to obtain a much tastier broth.
If you are a vegetarian and you like to eat delicious, in Easyrecipe.top we have many options for you, for this reason we recommend that you also encourage yourself to cook an exquisite Lentil Burger or a rich man vegetarian burrito.
Gather all the ingredients for this vegetarian pozole and cook with us.
- ½ kg of precooked hominy corn
- two onions
- 4 teeth of Garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 g of mushrooms
- 3 tomatoes
- 5 radishes
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of the vegetarian pozole
- To start cooking your vegetarian pozole, the first thing you should do is prepare the ingredients. To do this, dice the carrot, radish, Spain celery, avocado and one of the diced onions.
- Peel the tomatoes. Cut the lettuce into strips and the red onion into julienne strips. Wash the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Reserve everything.
- To prepare the vegetarian pozole, add the corn together with the bay leaf, carrot, celery, whole peeled onion and garlic cloves to the boil in a saucepan with plenty of water and cook for 45 minutes or until the corn is cooked. soft.
- While the corn is softening, add a little oil to a pan and when it is hot add the onion squares and sauté until they are transparent. Then add the sliced mushrooms and add a touch of salt and pepper.
- Then, process the peeled tomatoes in the blender with a little water until obtaining a kind of puree. Then strain into a colander to remove the seeds and reserve.
- Add the sautéed onion with mushrooms and tomato puree to the saucepan where the corn is cooking. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes and then rectify salt and pepper and add the oregano.
- Serve the vegetarian pozole in deep plates and add two tablespoons of radish, two tablespoons of avocado, red onion to taste, lettuce and, if desired, a few drops of lemon to each serving. You are ready to eat your vegetarian pozole!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Vegetarian pozole recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Vegetarian pozole recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to Make Mexican Vegan Pozole | Pozole Vegano
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Vegetarian pozole recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Vegetarian pozole recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeVegetarian pozole recipe