🕒 15 m 👤 4
The tuna burrito It is an untraditional but very fresh version of the typical Tex-Mex dish. It is an ideal option for the hottest days or for when we are looking for a simple dish that we can prepare in less than 20 minutes. You definitely have to have this recipe on hand!
Add it to your menu light dinner Substituting cheddar cheese for a lower calorie version, such as fresh cheese, will soon become one of your favorite alternatives.
Meanwhile, gather all the ingredients and get ready to make a flavorful tuna burrito.
- 8 wheat flour tortilla
- 4 cans of tuna large
- 1 large tomato
- Half an onion
- 1 small can of corn (optional)
- 150 gr. cheddar cheese or any other to melt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Preparation of the tuna burrito
- We start by opening the four cans of tuna and draining the liquid inside very well. Add the tuna to a spacious bowl.
- Wash the tomato, cut it in half, remove the pulp and dice it as small as possible. Also cut the half onion into very small cubes. Add both ingredients to the tuna bowl.
- If you are going to add corn to this recipe, put it in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients as well. The corn will give a crisp and slightly sweet touch to your tuna burrito, if you don’t want to add too much you can use only half the can.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and stir well until all the ingredients are integrated. Then add the grated cheese, we recommend cheddar, but you can use any other cheese to melt or gratin.
- Put a spacious pan over low heat, fill the wheat tortillas with the tuna mixture that you have prepared and roll them up. When the pan is hot, place your burritos and leave them until the tortilla is lightly browned on both sides and the cheese melts.
- Serve your hot tuna burrito, you’ll see everyone suck their fingers! Without a doubt, this is a creative and different recipe to enjoy canned tuna.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Tuna burrito recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Tuna burrito recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
10-Minute Tuna Wrap
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Tuna burrito recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Tuna burrito recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeTuna burrito recipe