Torrijas are one of the most typical desserts of our country, especially in Castilla y León, at Easter time. It is not a very complicated recipe to prepare at home, and also the mixture of ingredients that we can use to give it different flavors is curious, with a delicious end result.
Throughout this article we will explain the different recipes and the easiest way to prepare this delicious dessert.
French toast recipe
- 750 gr. of bread.
- 1 liter of milk.
- 100 gr. of sugar.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Olive oil.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
- 100 gr. of sugar.
Preparation of torrijas:
The French toast Traditional are the easiest to make, as well as those that contain the most basic ingredients, and they are very rich:
- We are going to take care of the bread first. There is a bread that is perfect for making torrijas and is exclusive for that, but you can also use a normal loaf of bread. Cut the bar into slices that are not too thick, about 1 cm thick.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil, on medium power. When it starts to boil, add the cinnamon sticks and the sugar and stir everything well so that the sugar mixes with the milk. Wait about 10 minutes for the milk to take on the flavor of the sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the milk is ready, we let it cool for about 10 minutes, so that it is at room temperature.
- While it cools, we are going to beat the eggs, until they are left without a single lump. In another bowl add the mixture of cinnamon powder and sugar, stir it well so that it is well mixed. Also in a frying pan, start to heat a lot of oil.
- It’s time to prepare the torrijas; First we bathe the slice in milk, then we soak it in the egg and finally we put it in the pan to fry it. Turn it until it is golden brown.
- When it is ready we place it on a piece of absorbent paper so that it absorbs the excess oil and finally we sprinkle it with the mixture that we have made of sugar with cinnamon. Repeat this process with all the slices of bread that you have cut.
And they are ready to eat.
Other Torrijas recipes
French toast recipe with chocolate
🕒 38m 👤 1-4
French toast recipe with anise
🕒 62m 👤 1-4
French toast recipe with wine
🕒 61m 👤 1-4
French toast recipe with cream
🕒 86m 👤 1-4
French toast with honey recipe
🕒 50m 👤 1-4
Baked torrijas recipe
🕒 25m 👤 4
Did you know that in less than 30 minutes you can cook delicious French toast in the oven? Here is the recipe for this succulent dessert.
Caramelized French toast recipe
🕒 32m 👤 1-4
Thermomix torrijas recipe
🕒 58m 👤 1-4
Eggless French toast recipe
🕒 83m 👤 1-4
Chocolate torrijas recipe
🕒 63m 👤 1-4
Homemade torrijas recipe
🕒 50m 👤 4
Do you want to enjoy some delicious homemade French toast? This typical Easter dessert is very easy to make and in Unareceta we explain how to make it.
Torrijas de santa teresa recipe
🕒 120m 👤 4
Learn to make some torrijas de Santa Teresa, a typical Easter sweet that you are going to love. Here is the recipe!
French toast recipe
🕒 100m 👤 4
If you want to learn how to prepare traditional Spanish toast with Easter wine, Easyrecipe.top teaches you step by step and in a simple way. Take note!
Homemade torrijas with honey recipe
🕒 120m 👤 4
Improvise a snack and prepare delicious homemade torrijas with honey even if it is not Easter, you will love them!
Grilled torrijas recipe
🕒 60m 👤 6
Grilled torrijas are the light option of this traditional sweet, an alternative to enjoy them without so many calories. Try them, they are delicious!
Menus with Torrijas
Salmorejo, Kebab, Margarita and Torrijas Menu
- Incoming: Salmorejo
- First course: Kebab
- Drink: Daisy flower
- Dessert: French toast with wine
The salmorejo will be very soft and find more variants in Salmorejo Recipe, that’s why you are going to taste the kebab with more enthusiasm and if you liked it, look more in Kebab recipe. Then a glass of Daisy flower homemade, a cocktail that is very easy to prepare, before having some French toast with wine, which give a unique touch to the dessert, or something more typical like a Brownie if you love chocolate or a jelly if you want something softer, look for the one you like the most Recipelatine.
Gazpacho, Enchilada, Lentils and Torrijas Menu
- Incoming: Gazpacho
- First course: Enchilada
- Second course: Lentils with chorizo with curry
- Dessert: French toast with cream or three chocolate cake
A soft Gazpacho and then a enchilada, two very soft dishes so that the lentils with chorizo, that if you add curries they will have better flavor, do not make you heavy, also, find more recipes in salsacurry. And if the French toast with cream They do not convince you, then maybe the three chocolates cake will make it once you find out how simple it is to prepare a dessert like that following the instructions we offer you in recipe.
Cream, Quiche, Tortellini and Torrijas Menu
- Incoming: Pumpkin cream
- First course: Quiche Lorraine
- Second course: Tortellini with pesto
- Dessert: French toast
If you follow the recipe, you will see that making any type of pumpkin cream is very simple, and being such a soft food, it will not cost you anything to make it Pumpkin Cream Recipe. Same as the quiche LorraineIf people have come to eat at your house, you can chop it up and each one take a few pieces, and then still have an appetite for tortellini, so do not hesitate to try to make any Tortellini Recipe that we put at your disposal, covered with pesto, accompanied by a wonderful glass of bloody mary, try the variations that you can make in how to dobloodymary. For dessert, why not give several options? Nails French toast, some cupcakes or one pasta frola… Let your guests choose.