Who has not ever tried a French omelette? A dish cooked with eggs and oil to which a multitude of ingredients can be added to form truly exquisite combinations.
And it is that a French omelette admits from vegetables, mushrooms, fish, seafood and endless possibilities that make it a perfect base for any occasion.
If you want your French omelette to have something more than eggs, here is a list of suggestions that you are going to love. They are also very easy to cook and almost always very inexpensive.
Traditional French Omelette Recipe
Preparing a French omelette is very simple, as we will only need to curdle beaten egg in a pan. But if you want to have a fluffy and juicy omelette, follow our advice and add two more ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- baking powder
Preparation of traditional French omelette
Follow these steps to make the perfect French omelette in minutes:
- Beat the egg whites and put them until stiff.
- Then add the yolks, a pinch of salt, a splash of milk and a pinch of yeast.
- Keep beating so that the ingredients are integrated.
- The pan must be non-stick, this is important, because otherwise we will not be able to make the omelette.
- Heat the pan with a drizzle of olive oil (very little) and when it is hot add the egg.
- Spread it well all over the pan and wait a couple of minutes. Cook over low heat.
- When the egg is set we will turn it over or fold the omelette and form a half moon.
- Another couple of minutes and the omelette is ready. If you like toast, turn up the heat at the end so that it browns a little, not while the egg is cooking.
- Serve right away and dare with a homemade bread to accompany her. A luxury!
Other French omelette recipes
French omelette stuffed with ham and cheese recipe
🕒 10m 👤 two
Prepare a quick dinner for your children and make them a French omelette stuffed with ham and cheese. You will see how they suck their fingers!
French omelette with tuna recipe
🕒 10m 👤 1
The French omelette with tuna is a perfect option as a light dinner or breakfast. It provides you with nutrients and protein but with few calories.
French omelette recipe with onion
🕒 20m 👤 two
Learn how to cook a fluffy, flavourful French omelette with onion. Take note of the steps you have to follow.
Mushroom French Omelette Recipe
🕒 40m 👤 1
This mushroom omelette recipe is light, juicy, and packed with flavor. An easy-to-make, low-calorie dish for a light dinner. Learn how!
French omelette with ham recipe
🕒 25m 👤 1
Learn how to prepare a juicy and light French omelette with ham, ideal for a good breakfast or a low-calorie dinner. You will see how delicious it is!
French omelette recipe with cheese
🕒 15 m 👤 two
Learn with our step-by-step recipe to make a perfect cheesy French omelette without breaking it and making it fluffy and tasty.