Have you ever tried tempeh? It is a very common food in Indonesia and also very popular with vegans and vegetarians. It is made by fermenting legumes such as beans, soybeans or chickpeas with a special fungus. This is how a chickpea tempeh!
Once you have it ready, the tempeh can be cooked marinated, with vegetables, in sauce, overflowing or grilled. It is a good substitute for animal protein, just like this fried tofu or is it rich soy burger.
Take the opportunity to make your own chickpea tempeh at home. And if you’ve never eaten it, this is the time to do it with easyrecipe.top. Ready to experiment?
Chickpea tempeh recipe
- 1/2 kg. from chickpeas dry
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Rhizopus Oligospurus mushroom
Chickpea tempeh preparation
- To make the tempeh and to prevent the legumes from weighing you down, you must soak it the night before.
- The next day, peel the chickpeas by rubbing them between your hands and chop in two. If you can’t peel them completely, don’t worry. Remove the skin from the chickpeas with a slotted spoon and rinse them with fresh water.
- Place the chickpeas in a pot, cover with water (two fingers on top) and cook until soft. When they’re done, strain them and let them drain.
- Once they are tempered, put them in a bowl, add the vinegar and mix. Now spread the mushroom on the surface and stir well so that it covers all the chickpeas.
- Next, put the chickpeas in airtight bags (divide them into several bags, about two tablespoons in each) and squeeze them to form a compact block.
- Now, close the bag and open holes on both sides with the help of a toothpick. The idea is that the mold that forms gets enough oxygen.
- Put the bags in a warm place that does not drop below 32 ° C. If it’s winter you can turn on the oven light to increase the heat a bit.
- Let your chickpea tempeh sit for three days and turn the bag over each night. After that time, you will be ready to consume it.
- If you are going to refrigerate your tempeh, it can stay in the refrigerator for up to seven days and 6 months if you freeze it. We hope you like its special flavor!
Other Tempeh Recipes
Recipe for tempeh with sauce
🕒 35m 👤 4
✅ stew that we propose today is a nutritious meat substitute that you have to try if you still don’t know it. It is a rich tempeh with sauce!
Mushroom tempeh recipe
🕒 30m 👤 4
✅ Do you like the taste of tempeh? This tempeh with mushrooms is delicious and more if you are looking for a recipe with sauce suitable for vegans and vegetarians.