Tahini is a type of sauce that is used to accompany other main dishes, such as, for example, a dish composed mainly of red meat to give it an extra exquisite flavor.
Do not think that it costs a lot to prepare, as we are going to teach you in the following recipes. Follow them to the letter and you will get some great dishes.
Traditional tahini recipe
- 200 grams of sesame seeds
- 50 grams of oil
There are two ways to prepare this recipe from traditional tahini, the first using a mortar, which will allow us to have a thicker and less uniform texture, or with a mixer, which will give us a more uniform cream.
Preparation of tahini with traditional.
- First we are going to toast the sesame seeds, this can be done in the oven, or in a pan with the heat to a minimum. It is important that the seeds do not burn, if the seeds are burned the tahini will remain margo.
- Once we have the toasted seeds, we place them in the mortar (or the mixer) and add the oil. We recommend using extra virgin olive oil, although you can use sunflower oil, or any other type of oil. We blend until we have a more or less uniform cream. Optionally, you can add a touch of salt.
Common variations of the traditional tahini recipe:
Tahini is a dish that has been exported to half the world, and in each place they have given it a special touch. The three most common variations of this recipe are:
- Add a few tablespoons of cow’s milk, goat’s milk, or even rice milk. This gives the cream a more liquid texture.
- A pinch of curry, to make a perfect base for a sauce with vegetables or meat.
- A pinch of spice, to give the tahini a little more personality.
Other tahini recipes
tahini recipe with honey
🕒 39m 👤 1-4
Sesame tahini recipe
🕒 62m 👤 1-4
Tahini thermomix recipe
🕒 50m 👤 1-4
Chickpea tahini recipe
🕒 35m 👤 1-4
tahini recipe with yogurt
🕒 44m 👤 1-4
Hummus recipe with pancakes
🕒 66m 👤 1-4
tahini recipe with aubergines
🕒 90m 👤 1-4
Menu recipe for tahini, eggplant, lasagna and sponge cake
🕒 83m 👤 4
Lemon tahini recipe
🕒 85m 👤 1-4
Beer tahini recipe
🕒 59m 👤 1-4
Tahini with hummus recipe
🕒 65m 👤 1-4
tahini recipe with peppers
🕒 30m 👤 1-4
tahini recipe with lentils
🕒 37m 👤 1-4
Menus with Tahini
Tahini, Squid, Paella and Custard Menu
- Incoming: Tahini with aubergines
- First course: Squid in ink
- Second course: Seafood paella
- Dessert: Homemade custard
With tahini with aubergines we will enjoy a dish with the unmistakable flavor of this vegetable. First we will present at the table some squid in ink flavored with the sea. To continue with this marine menu we have the star dish, a seafood paella with top quality ingredients. We finish with some homemade custard, as if they were made with your grandmother’s recipe.
Tahini, Chicken, Meatballs and Cake Menu
- Incoming: Tahini with honey
- First course: Chicken with curry sauce
- Second course: Meatballs
- Dessert: Apple pie
To start this menu we have a delicious tahini with honey, very sweet and rich. Then we will make a chicken with curry sauce. The next dish is based on some meatballs made with the homemade recipe. For dessert we have a delicious apple pie.