If there is a dish that cannot be missing in many homes during the Christmas holidays, it is the christmas soup. A traditional recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation and that is so delicious that it deserves to take great care in the kitchen to enjoy it with our loved ones.
Over time there are many Christmas broths and soups that are served during the holidays, so in easyrecipe.top We are going to explain how to do them all step by step. From the typical Catalan Christmas soup, through the seafood soup for Christmas or how to make Christmas soup with the Thermomix.
Do you have everything ready to cook a delicious traditional Christmas soup? Don’t miss out on all of our recipes!
Catalan Christmas soup recipe
Ingredients for 6 people
For the broth:
- 1/4 chicken
- 1 chicken chopped up
- 1 pork foot
- 4 pork bone bones
- 1 ham bone
- 2 veal knee bones
- 1 black sausage
- 1 white sausage
- 1 leek
- two onions
- two carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1 celery
- 1 potato
- 250 grams of garbanzo beans
- 1 bay leaf
For the pellets:
- 150 gr of minced beef
- 150 gr minced pork
- Parsley branches
- 1 slice of bread
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package of large galets
Preparation of the Catalan Christmas soup
This is the traditional recipe for cooking the Catalan Christmas broth that is served on the night of December 25 or 26 in the celebration of San Esteban. If you want to make a meal inspired by Catalan Christmas, do not hesitate to complete your menu with some Catalan cannelloni from San Esteban They are so tasty that you will not be able to stop eating them.
- We start by preparing all the ingredients. To do this, peel the onions, the potato and the carrot and then cut them into medium pieces. Also cut the celery, leek and turnip in the same way. Reservation.
- With a new gauze, form a kind of sack and put the chickpeas and bay leaf inside. Tie the bag with a bridal cord so that its contents do not come out. Reservation.
- In a pot with water and a little vinegar, add all the bones and the pig’s foot and let them cook over medium heat for 10 minutes so that they bleed properly.
- After 10 minutes, remove them and this time add them to a deep and very large pot (5 liters minimum) where you will prepare the broth.
- Add the rest of the broth ingredients to the casserole, minus the chickpeas, the sausage and the potato. Add plenty of water to the saucepan until all the ingredients are completely covered and heat over high heat until it boils.
- Once the water has boiled, turn the heat to medium / low temperature and cook for 4 hours.
- As time passes you will see that the broth reduces and a gray foam begins to form, it is important that you remove that foam and that if you notice that there is little broth add more water to the casserole.
- When the broth has been cooking for two hours, add the sack with the chickpeas and the bay leaf and tie it to the casserole with a cord so that its content does not come out.
- 1 hour later, add the sausages and the potato, peeled and cut into quarters.
- While the broth is cooking, prepare the pellets: to do this, start by moistening the slice of bread with milk, then drain and incorporate in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients until you have a homogeneous dough and then add salt and pepper to taste and knead again.
- Take a portion of the preparation with your hands and form a ball, then roll it in flour and place it on a plate. Repeat the process until all the dough is finished. Reservation.
- When the broth is ready, strain it through a colander and then run it through a Chinese if possible to remove as much residue as possible.
- The other ingredients of the broth can be placed in a source and reserved until the moment of serving the Catalan Christmas soup.
- To prepare the soup we pour the broth into a saucepan and when it is boiling we add the battered pilillas and the package of galets and cook over medium heat until the galets are soft.
- When the pasta has softened, rectify the salt and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Your Christmas broth is ready, first serve the Catalan soup with the pilillas and the galets and place the platter with the meats and vegetables on the table so that each diner can serve themselves to their liking. Take advantage!
- We suggest that you prepare the broth the day before and reserve it in the fridge until the next day.
- If you have very little time, you can save yourself the preparation of broth by buying beef broth in the market.
Other Christmas Soup recipes
Christmas stuffed soup recipe
🕒 90m 👤 4
🎄 These holidays prepare a delicious STUFFED CHRISTMAS SOUP easily with our step-by-step recipe.Enjoy this traditional dish like never before!
Christmas soup recipe with stuffed galets
🕒 40m 👤 4
With our step-by-step recipe you can prepare an exquisite ✨ CHRISTMAS SOUP WITH STUFFED GALETS ✨ easily and with a result of 10
Christmas ball soup recipe
🕒 150m 👤 8
💝 Go ahead and prepare an exquisite CHRISTMAS SOUP WITH BALL and surprise your guests with a traditional dish full of flavor 💝
Thermomix Christmas soup recipe
🕒 70m 👤 4
If you still don’t know what starter to serve these holidays and you have a food processor at home, this ⚡⚡ THERMOMIX CHRISTMAS SOUP ⚡⚡ is an excellent option
Seafood Christmas soup recipe
🕒 120m 👤 4
To show off an elegant and exquisite table, bet on this 💝 SEAFOOD CHRISTMAS SOUP 💝 for your Christmas menu. Easy recipe explained step by step!
Christmas fish soup recipe
🕒 70m 👤 4
🎅 These parties serve an elegant and exquisite starter thanks to our CHRISTMAS FISH SOUP recipe.It’s very easy and everyone likes it! 🎅