Rice and pea soup
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ABOUT 250 GRAMS OF CANNED PEAS
- 150 GRAMS OF RICE
- 2 LONJITAS OF TONGUE TO THE SCARLET
- 2 SPOONS OF PARMA CHEESE
- 1 LARGE ONION
- 1 SPOON VEGETABLE EXTRACT
- SKIM MILK
Recipe for rice and pea soup
- To cook the rice and pea soup Finely chop the onion and put in a saucepan.
- Add a glass of milk and, mixing, let it boil until it is almost completely evaporated.
- The peas are added, from which all the liquid has been drained very well, they are left to taste for a few minutes and approximately a liter and a half of hot water is added, in which the extract has been dissolved.
- It is expected that it starts to boil and the rice is added, which has to be cooked over moderate heat and when it is ready, before removing it from the heat, it is just seasoned by adding the tongue, finely chopped, and the Parma cheese.
- If you want to use fresh peas, you need at least one kilogram; put in a saucepan with the chopped onion and a cup of broth and boil for 30 minutes; then add the rest of the broth, the rice and, once the cooking is finished, season it by incorporating a cup of milk, the finely chopped tongue and the cheese.
Since the scarlet tongue is very nutritious, if the dose is increased (2 slices per person), the second course can be omitted and the menu completed with a side dish light as toast with Salmon Pate, a Prawn cream or vegetables and fresh fruit.