🕒 45m 👤 4
One of the quintessential foods of the coast in Venezuela are the Venezuelan dogfish empanadas And, since they are so tasty, we are going to show you today the step by step so that you can prepare and make them yourself at home. Cook with us!
Do you also want to try other typical dishes of this country? Well the Venezuelan chicken salad wave Venezuelan garlic sauce They are two delicious preparations that, together with today’s empanadas or with any type of arepas, will make your menu delicious! Do you have everything ready? Well come cook some Venezuelan dogfish empanadas with Easyrecipe.top!
For the dogfish:
- 500 gr. dogfish
- 3 teeth of Garlic
- 3 sweet peppers
- one onion
- one tomato
- ½ Red pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of onoto
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- A pinch of cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
For the mass:
- 2 cups of precooked cornmeal
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of onoto oil
- 1 plastic food bag
Preparation of Venezuelan dogfish empanadas
- The first thing is to prepare the dogfish and for this you must soak it with water and vinegar for five minutes. Then rinse it and boil it with water and salt until it softens.
- As soon as it is, after about fifteen minutes, put it to drain and let it cool to remove the skin. Crumble it and do not discard the broth as you will need it for the stew.
- To make the onoto oil, boil these seeds together with the oil in a pot. When it is deep red, remove it from the heat and, once it is warm, strain it.
- Wash and dice all the vegetables and remove the seeds from the tomato, paprika and chili peppers. Add three tablespoons of oat oil to a frying pan and sauté the onion along with the garlic.
- When they soften, add the bell pepper, chili peppers and cook for five minutes. Add the dogfish, brown it and pour a cup of the cooking broth. When it reduces, add the tomato, coriander, cumin, adjust the salt and cook until dry.
- To make the dough, mix the water, sugar and salt to taste in a bowl and pour in the flour. Knead with your hands, add a tablespoon of oat oil and when you have a compact dough, let it rest for about five minutes.
- Spread the plastic on the table, paint with oil, roll the dough into a ball and flatten it with your fingers to form a thin circle. Add a tablespoon of filling in the center and close. Mark the edges with a plate, peel off the plastic and repeat the procedure until all the empanadas are assembled.
- Heat plenty of vegetable oil in a pan and fry your Venezuelan dogfish patties until golden brown, ten minutes will be enough. As soon as you’re done, your Venezuelan dogfish empanadas will be ready! Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Venezuelan Dogfish Empanadas Recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Venezuelan Dogfish Empanadas Recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to make Venezuelan Empanadas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Venezuelan Dogfish Empanadas Recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Venezuelan Dogfish Empanadas Recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe Venezuelan empanadas dogfish