🕒 120m 👤 4
Did you know that chestnuts, apart from being low in calories, are rich in fiber and protein of plant origin? They are an excellent food and one of the protagonists of these veal cheeks in chestnut sauce that we are going to prepare today. You dare?
That said, let’s not waste any more time and write down the ingredients you need to make some veal cheeks in chestnut sauce in the style of Easyrecipe.top. Clever? We started!
- 1 kg. of veal cheeks
- ¼ cup flour
- two onions
- 4 teeth of Garlic
- two leeks
- 200 gr. chestnuts
- 1 glass of Red wine
- 2 glasses of beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of veal cheeks in chestnut sauce
- Before starting, make sure the cheek pads are clean of fat and tendons. Then salt and pepper them, pass them through the flour and reserve while you prepare the ingredients for the sauce.
- You will need to peel the chestnuts with a knife, only the part of the shell. Then put them in a pot with water and take them to the fire. When the water comes to a boil, boil them for ten minutes.
- Over time, remove the second skin as you take it out and drain them in a colander. When cool, chop and reserve.
- Then peel the onions, garlic and cut them into pieces. Do the same with the leeks, separate the white part, chop them into slices and reserve.
- Next, seal the meat in a saucepan with the very hot olive oil. When they are browned, take them out and reserve them on a plate.
- Put the onions, garlic and leeks in the same oil, stirring frequently over low heat.
- Once your sauce is ready, add the chestnuts, cheeks, wine, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook for approximately 75 minutes.
- When the meat is tender, remove it so you can blend the sauce with a mixer. Incorporate the meat again and cook another ten minutes for the flavors to integrate.
- Let your veal cheeks rest in chestnut sauce for a few minutes before serving them and decorate them with a little chopped parsley. Enjoy them!
- You can also use canned chestnuts if you can’t find them fresh.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of veal cheeks in chestnut sauce
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of veal cheeks in chestnut sauce. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Veal cheeks in red wine
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of veal cheeks in chestnut sauce here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of veal cheeks in chestnut sauce. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe veal cheeks in chestnut sauce