🕒 90m 👤 4
The Bolivian baked suckling pig It is a dish that was traditionally eaten in Bolivia during the Christmas holidays, however, its flavor is so authentic and delicious that today it is cooked to celebrate birthdays, holidays and even baptisms. The preparation of this dish begins the day before, when the suckling pig will be marinated in a sauce with many spices that is the key to all its flavor. You’re going to love it!
If you dare to prepare this recipe, we suggest that you enjoy it as they do in Bolivia: with steamed white potatoes, White rice and tomato and onion lettuce salad. An authentic Latin menu! Follow the step by step that we offer you at Easyrecipe.top and prepare the richest Bolivian roast suckling pig.
- 1 piglet of 5 kg
- 2 tablespoons of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 14 teeth of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup of juice lemon
- 1/4 of cup of oil
Preparation of suckling pig in the Bolivian oven
- The secret of the Bolivian baked suckling pig is that it is left to marinate for 12 hours in a marinara sauce. Therefore, the night before you should clean the meat by removing the hide and hair in case you did not ask to have it cleaned at the butcher shop.
- Then rub the outside of the piglet with the lemon juice. Place the piece on a baking sheet and with the help of a knife begin to make holes in the legs, body, thighs and joints. Reservation.
- To make the sauce with which you are going to marinate the pork, start by cutting the parsley and crushing the 14 garlic, then add both ingredients to a container. Then add all the spices, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil and mix to integrate.
- Use half of the sauce to bathe the pig, ensuring that the juice enters through the holes and rubbing it with your hands so that it is well impregnated. Then cover the tray with aluminum foil and let it rest for 12 hours in the fridge. Reserve the rest of the sauce for the next day.
- The next day, take the suckling pig out of the fridge and with the help of a ladle, collect all the juice that has been released during the night and pour it back into the holes you made in the meat. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Put the suckling pig in the oven with the leather side down. Cook for 1 hour at 180 ° C. After time, turn the piece over, bathe it with the rest of the sauce to marinate and bake for 2 hours at 180 ° C.
- After time, take your pork into the Bolivian oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before eating it. Then slice the number of pieces that you are going to serve and pour a generous amount of juice from the preparation on top. To eat!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Bolivian baked suckling pig recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Bolivian baked suckling pig recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to cook Salteñas (The Bolivian dish)
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Bolivian baked suckling pig recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Bolivian baked suckling pig recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe sucker to the Bolivian oven