🕒 20m 👤 4
Did you know that clams are bivalve mollusks that live under the sand or mud of seas and rivers? There are 4 types: slimy, fine, blonde and japonica. The most valued are usually the fine ones and the slugs. If you have never prepared them, do not worry, this recipe from steamed clams with white wine It is very simple, and that’s how it is prepared!
One of the alcoholic beverages that gives the most flavor to meals is white wine. Can be used in savory dishes like this baked rabbit with potatoes and white wine or in desserts like these rich pears in white wine.
With that said, gather the ingredients to cook some steamed clams with white wine following the indications of Easyrecipe.top. Let’s go to trouble!
- 1 kg. from clams
- 3 teeth of Garlic
- 4 branches of parsley
- 1 glass of White wine
- 1 onion
- 2 cayenne (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup of coarse salt
- 1 lemon (optional)
Preparation of steamed clams with white wine
- Before starting you should clean the clams well. Place them in a large container, pour four liters of water and the coarse salt. Do not include any that are broken or open.
- Then let them soak for three hours. It is important that after half an hour you change the water and then change the water two more times.
- After that time, drain them, brush them well on the outside to remove all adhesions and wash them with cold water.
- Peel the garlic cloves, dice them, and then do the same with the onion. Wash the parsley, remove the stems and cut the leaves. If you are going to include the cayenne, chop them as well.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and when it is hot add the onion. Once it is transparent, add the garlic, chillies, and parsley and sauté for a few minutes.
- As soon as the garlic begins to change color, pour in the wine, the clams and cook for about two minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate. After this time, cover but leave a corner open so that the steam can escape.
- Once the clams open, remove from the heat and they are ready to serve. Discard the clams that did not open.
- Serve your steamed clams with white wine accompanied by the cooking juices and if you like, sprinkle them with a little lemon juice. Take advantage!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Steamed clams with white wine recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Steamed clams with white wine recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Steamed Clams in Spicy White Wine & Butter Broth
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Steamed clams with white wine recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Steamed clams with white wine recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe steam clams with white wine