🕒 30m 👤 4
Who said eating healthy was boring? Surely, someone who does not know this delicious recipe for spinach with light bechamel, a perfect combination to delight your palate without neglecting your figure. On Easyrecipe.top We invite you to prepare this dish that will change your concept of bechamel sauce forever.
These spinach with light bechamel they are the ideal garnish for any of your meals, but we recommend that you accompany them with a delicious baked chicken with apple or with an exquisite prawn carpaccio. No matter which option you choose, these spinach are so delicious that you can even eat them on their own. Take advantage!
For the light bechamel sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 300 ml of skimmed milk
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of spinach with light bechamel
- The first thing you should do is fry the onion and garlic. To do this, peel them and cut them as small as you can. As soon as it is done, pour a little oil in a pan and, when it is hot, add the onion and garlic.
- Cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until you notice that the onion is golden and transparent. Then, add the spinach and stir so that all the ingredients are integrated. Add a little water without covering the spinach, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- To prepare the light béchamel, dilute the cornstarch in 100 milliliters of skim milk stirring with a spoon and reserve the rest of the milk for later. Make sure there are no clumps of cornstarch left in the mixture.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and when it is hot add the 1/2 onion previously grated. When the onion is transparent, add the milk that you had reserved. Let it cook for 15 minutes over low heat, without the milk coming to a boil.
- Then you must add the milk and cornstarch mixture little by little. Constantly stir the preparation so that it does not make lumps and keep the heat low. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Keep stirring the preparation to integrate all the ingredients well.
- Then, bring the mixture to a boil for 3 minutes so that it thickens a little, since once it is cold it will take on a better consistency.
- Serve a portion of sautéed spinach on a plate and top it with a good amount of light béchamel. Now you can taste your delicious spinach with light bechamel!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Spinach with light bechamel sauce recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Spinach with light bechamel sauce recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Creamed Spinach — Lynn’s Recipes
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Spinach with light bechamel sauce recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Spinach with light bechamel sauce recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe spinach with light bechamel