🕒 75m 👤 4
Did you know that lentils are so beneficial that it is recommended to include them in our diet between one and three times a week? Thanks to these lentils with spinach, your body will receive the benefits of this combination of foods that will give you a good dose of energy to face your day.
On Easyrecipe.top You will also find other legume dishes and fitness recipes that will help you maintain a balanced diet. Don’t miss our recipe for chickpea salad ideal for summer, or this oatmeal rice pudding to prepare a perfect dessert.
It has never been easier to cook lentils with spinach! Follow our step by step, you will see that they will be delicious.
- 400 gr. lentils
- 200 gr. from spinach
- 1 onion big
- 4 teeth of Garlic
- two carrots
- 1 green pepper or red
- 8 glasses of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Olive oil
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (optional)
Preparation of lentils with spinach
- Soak the lentils for an hour, wash and drain. There are those who do not soak them, but if you do, they will hydrate with the water and will take less time to cook.
- Cook the lentils with the vegetable broth for approximately 30 minutes and over high heat. The pot should be of medium size, so that the water when it starts to boil does not overflow.
- In a pan with olive oil brown the diced onion and pepper, then add the sliced garlic and finally the diced carrot. Take care that the fire is at medium level so that the sauce does not burn.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cumin, turmeric, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Since 30 minutes must have passed, the lentils should be tender. Add the sauce that you made to the pot and mix well. Taste them and adjust the salt. Lower the heat and cook for 10 more minutes.
- If the vegetable broth was consumed you can add more, they should not be dry.
- It is time to add the chopped spinach leaves (washed and drained previously), stir well and turn off the heat. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
- If you want to give these lentils with spinach a special touch, add a tablespoon of yogurt to each plate when you serve them and garnish with the finely chopped parsley. A true delight!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of lentils with spinach
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of lentils with spinach. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Best Lentils and spinach | Palak Daal recipe – Chetna’s Healthy Indian
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of lentils with spinach here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of lentils with spinach. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe lentils with spinach