🕒 60m 👤 4
To taste the authentic Riojan lentils It is not necessary to move from home, with this recipe you will get it! We explain, step by step, how to make some yummy lentils in the best Rioja style.
Serve them together with a good basket of freshly cut bread and let everyone at the table indulge in this traditional dish of Spanish gastronomy. Ready to cook? Follow the steps that we bring you in Easyrecipe.top and shine with this platazo.
- ½ kg. from lentils
- 1 chorizo
- 1 tomato big mature
- two onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 teeth of Garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 175 gr. bacon
- Sweet or hot paprika
- Olive oil
- 1 slice of fried bread
Preparation of Riojan lentils
- Place the lentils in a colander and wash them very well under cold tap water to remove any remaining dirt. Then heat a tall pot with 2 liters of water over high heat, add the lentils and bring to a boil.
- Peel the onion, carrot and garlic clove, chop everything as small as you can and add it to the pot where the lentils are. Also add the bay leaf and salt to taste.
- Peel and crush the ripe tomato with the help of a hand mixer or a blender and also add it to the previous preparation.
- While the water boils, we continue cooking the other ingredients. Place a pan over medium heat and when it is hot add the chorizo cut into slices as well as the bacon chopped into small pieces, remove when it is well browned and add to the pot of lentils.
- In the same pan in which you have browned the sausages, fry the slice of bread until it is very golden. Withdraw and reserve.
- Peel the other garlic clove and mash it in the mortar along with a little sweet or hot paprika, depending on your preference, and the fried bread you just made. Grind everything and add your lentils to the pot so that they take on that powerful flavor typical of Riojan gastronomy.
- When the water in the lentils comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. During cooking, taste the dish to make sure it is not lacking in salt, if necessary add more.
- The liquid should be reducing while the legumes take on an intense flavor. Try once this time has passed and, if necessary, let it cook for a few more minutes.
- When your Riojan lentils are tender and tasty, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Everyone will enjoy this delicious dish a lot! What are you waiting to do it?
Tips for a delicious Riojan lentils
- If you want to save time, it is best to opt for quick-cooking lentils, on sale in any supermarket. With this type of legume there is no need to soak them.
- Wash the lentils very well before cooking to remove any traces of dirt. During cooking it is also advisable to remove the foam that they release with the help of a slotted spoon.
- Choose a good chorizo, remember that this ingredient is key in your recipe!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of lentils Rioja style
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of lentils Rioja style. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Lentils with Chorizo from La Rioja, Spain – Lentejas a la Riojana.
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of lentils Rioja style here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of lentils Rioja style. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe lentils Rioja