🕒 50m 👤 4
Cooking foods in confit gives them a touch of exquisite flavor, which has no comparison with that obtained with any other technique. And as in Easyrecipe.top we like to bet on quality, we are going to propose that you encourage yourself to cook a duck confit with baked potatoes spectacular following our indications. Have you made up your mind yet? Then you are in luck, today you are going to have an outstanding duck confit!
This dish is perfect to serve in large celebrations such as Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve and can be accompanied with delicious prawns in cava of starter and a chocolate and nougat mousse For dessert, what do you think of this menu for your parties?
Surely you are wanting to know right now how this duck confit with baked potatoes tastes. Relax, there is less! Let’s go to the kitchen!
- 4 confit duck thighs (vacuum packed or canned)
- two potatoes large
- Salt (optional)
Preparation of duck confit with baked potatoes
- Pour enough water in a saucepan, and put it to heat. Do not wait for it to come to a boil, since you are going to use it to make a water bath.
- If the thighs are vacuum packed, place them in another saucepan and put it in a double boiler. Remove the plastic, and heat the thighs until the fat is liquid. If they are canned, put the open can into the pot, making sure that no water gets inside.
- In both cases, when the fat becomes translucent, separate the thighs on a plate and let them cool. Heat the dough from the thighs in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into slices giving them the typical bakery shape. When the fat is hot, confit the potatoes in it. For this, the fat should not be too hot, and the potatoes should have enough space between them, and be completely covered in fat.
- If you wish, you can add a little salt, although as it is a confit dish it is not necessary.
- Depending on the thickness of the potatoes, they will be ready in approximately 10-15 minutes. They just have to be soft, not golden. Then you should remove them, setting them aside on a plate with absorbent kitchen paper, so that they release the excess fat.
- Preheat the oven to 220-230ºC on grill mode. Place aluminum or vegetable foil on the baking sheet, and spread the potatoes over it.
- On top you must put the duck thighs, first with the skin facing down, and as you go to gratin, turn them over so that they are gratin on the other side as well.
- After 15-20 minutes, your duck confit with baked potatoes will be ready. So you just have to turn off the oven, set aside and serve this great dish. Take advantage!
- If you wish, you can serve this dish with a little red fruit or strawberry jam on top, it will give it a touch of spectacular flavor!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of duck confit with baked potatoes
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of duck confit with baked potatoes. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Duck Leg Recipe and Crispy Baked Potatoes with apples, onions and tangerines.
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of duck confit with baked potatoes here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of duck confit with baked potatoes. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeRecipe duck confit with potatoes to the oven