Nothing like a good homemade tomato sauce! This preparation is not only essential in dishes typical of Italian gastronomy, such as some good spaghetti or a crunchy Margarita pizza, but it is also essential in the preparation of a large number of stews and fillings.
If you want to learn how to make it, then you cannot miss all the recipes that we bring you at Easyrecipe.top. Learn how to make a tomato sauce at home step by step and shine with plates to dip the bread. You will see how delicious it is!
Homemade tomato sauce recipe
- 1 large can of natural whole tomato
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- Olive oil
Preparation of homemade tomato sauce
A homemade tomato sauce It will give an incredible life to your dishes, providing a natural flavor that cannot be compared to packaged sauces. It is also much healthier, so there are plenty of reasons to do it and here we explain how step by step.
- For this recipe, and for convenience, we recommend using canned natural tomato, but if you wish you can also use whole tomatoes.
- Start by sautéing your sauce, to do this, chop the onion into cubes as small as possible, then add three tablespoons of olive oil to a spacious skillet and heat over low heat.
- When it is hot add the onion and fry for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the two garlic cloves into the smallest possible portions.
- Add the garlic to the pan and let it cook together before it is lightly browned and the onion has become transparent. Pour the tomato can into the blender and grind its contents, for this task you can also use the electric rod.
- When the onion and garlic are at their point, add the bay leaf if you are going to use it and then add the tomato, stirring to integrate the ingredients well.
- Add half a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 30 minutes over very low heat so that the sauce thickens and takes on flavor, during cooking it is convenient to test it to determine if it is necessary to add a little more salt or pepper.
- After the first 30 minutes of cooking, remove the tomato sauce from the heat, remove the bay leaf if you have placed it, and blend the sauce with the help of a blender or electric rod to eliminate the onion and garlic portions .
- Bring the mixture back to the fire for 10 more minutes and, after this time, your homemade tomato sauce it will be ready to be tasted.
To this basic recipe you can add other ingredients such as carrot to give it a sweeter touch, fresh basil or red pepper. Store the sauce in a previously sterilized container in the fridge, where it can last up to two weeks, or put it in the freezer where you can reserve it for months.
Other recipes for Tomato sauce
Italian tomato sauce recipe
🕒 60m 👤 4
Learn how to prepare a perfect Italian tomato sauce for pasta, pizza or meatballs and leave everyone at home licking their fingers. How delicious!
Tomato sauce recipe for meatballs
🕒 45m 👤 4
Prepare the best tomato sauce for meatballs by following the steps in this recipe. It will be so rich that you will soon repeat.It is delicious!
Tomato sauce recipe for pasta
🕒 60m 👤 4
With this tomato sauce for pasta you can dress a lot of dishes in a really exquisite way. Write it down in your cookbook, you are going to love it!
Tomato sauce recipe for pizza
🕒 30m 👤 4
Learn how to prepare a delicious tomato sauce for pizza easily and with excellent results. Follow the steps and you will see how delicious it is!
Tomato sauce recipe for mussels
🕒 30m 👤 4
Don’t miss our step-by-step recipe to prepare a scrumptious tomato sauce for mussels. Easy and delicious!
Spicy tomato sauce recipe
🕒 60m 👤 4
Have you ever made a spicy tomato sauce? It is as simple to make as the traditional one and will give a tastier touch to your dishes, try it!
Tomato sauce recipe in thermomix
🕒 50m 👤 4
Preparing a tomato sauce in a thermomix makes it easier for you and it is also so rich that you will no longer want to do it any other way. Do you know how? Take note!