Trout with onion
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 trout
- 4 onions
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 100g butter
- A sprig of parsley, salt, pepper
Preparation of the trout with onions:
- The trout are cleaned by emptying them inside and removing the blackish part that is attached to the spine. They are washed and left to drain.
- The onions are peeled, cut into thin slices and cooked in a frying pan with the butter. They should be cooked over low heat and with the pan covered so that they are tender but without taking color.
- Put the cooked onions at the bottom in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- On top of the onions, put the trout, also seasoned with salt and pepper and with a few pieces of butter on top of each one.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with wine.
- They are cooked in the hot oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- They are served right after taking them out of the oven.
This dish must be served with baked potatoes, potato salad, or any other dish with potato base, you can find many of them in our recipe book.