🕒 75m 👤 4
The guava sandwich It is a delicious temptation that is very difficult to resist, especially for lovers of this fruit. This dessert, originally from Colombia but also popular in other countries such as Venezuela, is not only rich but also easy to make.
Do you dare to prepare your own homemade guava sandwich? Then do not miss this recipe that we bring you at Unarecta.com, it will surely look great on you!
- 1 kilo of very ripe guavas
- 1 kilo of sugar
- 1 cup of juice Orange natural
Preparation of the guava sandwich
- One of the secrets to making a delicious guava sandwich is to choose very ripe guavas, as they have a much more intense flavor, perfect for this dessert. Keep that in mind!
- Start by filling a pot of water with water, bring it to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, carefully wash and peel the guavas, then chop them in half.
- When the water comes to a boil, carefully place the guavas and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Once cooked, remove them from the heat and strain the water, then blend the guavas for a few seconds, making sure not to disintegrate the seeds too much to avoid making the mixture bitter.
- Using a strainer, you must remove the pulp from the fruit and leave all the seeds. This will be the base of your delicious guava sandwich.
- Place the previous mixture in a pot along with the cup of orange juice and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to prevent the mixture from sticking. Be careful because it tends to splash and you could burn yourself.
- Cook until a smooth, shiny paste begins to form. If the bottom of the pot is visible when you are stirring, it means that the mixture is ready. Cooking takes about an hour.
- Once ready, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool a little. Then it is time to place the guava paste on a tray, stretching it well so that it is level.
- You can cover the tray with sugar before adding the mixture and then sprinkle more sugar on top, following the traditional Colombian sandwich recipe. If you don’t want it to be so sweet, skip this step.
- Let cool for several hours and when it is well compact, cut and enjoy with your loved ones. Alone or with cheese, this guava sandwich is a delight!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of guava snack
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of guava snack. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Immunity Booster Sandwich | Guava Sandwich | Immunity Boosting Recipe | Post Corona healty meal
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of guava snack here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of guava snack. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGuava sandwich recipe