Seitan in sauce
Do you want to learn to cook in the blink of an eye? seitan in sauce? This second dish, an excellent meat substitute for both vegans and vegetarians, is rich in protein, calcium and minerals.
It is prepared in many ways and is a great option, if you want to reduce your consumption of red meat, so we recommend that you also try some seitan booklets or one seitan burger.
Go ahead and cook a seitan in sauce under the guidance of easyrecipe.top. You can always try something new. You will see how its flavor will surprise you!
Recipe for seitan in sauce:
- 400 gr. from seitan
- 1 onion big
- 3 teeth of Garlic
- 2 cups of tomato fried
- 1 carrot big
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh parsley (optional)
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
Preparation of seitan in sauce
- The first thing you will do is wash the piece of seitan, drain it well and slice it. Make sure it is not thick.
- Then peel the onion and cut it into julienne strips, while you are going to dice the garlic. Wash the carrot, peel it and cut it into thin slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a high-walled skillet and add the onion to fry it with a pinch of salt.
- Once the onion is transparent, add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds, be careful not to burn them because they turn bitter.
- Now, add the carrots, mix and fry them for a couple of minutes, then add the seitan and sauté it for a few minutes to integrate the flavors.
- When the seitan has browned on both sides, add the fried tomato, salt and pepper, add the bay leaf, cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- After that time, remove from the heat and let your seitan rest in sauce for five minutes before serving.
You can decorate each portion with a little chopped parsley. Take advantage!
Other recipes for Seitan in sauce
Recipe for seitan in almond sauce
🕒 35m 👤 4
Looking for a stew that is suitable for vegetarians and vegans? You’ll see how this seitan in almond sauce gets you out of trouble in no time. Test it! ✅