🕒 50m 👤 4
Do you like to cook and are you looking for a new challenge? Today we suggest that you prepare some delicious pesto gnocchi, a typical Italian recipe with one of the richest sauces.
Easyrecipe.top teaches you the steps to follow. Let’s go there!
For the gnocchi:
- 600 gr. from potatoes the same size
- 175 gr. Of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
For the pesto:
- 10 sprigs of basil
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teeth of Garlic
- 110 ml. Of olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons pine nuts
Preparation of gnocchi with pesto
- First we will prepare the pesto. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brown the pine nuts without the oil. Once they have a golden touch, add half to the mortar and crush them until they are well crushed. The rest reserve them.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them into small pieces. Wash the basil and pat it dry. Separate the leaves from the stem and chop them with a knife until they are very thin. you can also mash them if you prefer.
- In another bowl, mash the basil together with the minced garlic. When they have mixed a bit, add the ground pine nut and crush everything again with the mortar until a thick mixture forms.
- Add both grated cheeses (you can add a little more if you want the sauce to have more consistency). Stir a little with the mortar and go to the blender.
- Then, while beating, add the oil little by little. Beat carefully so that the mixture does not break. When they are mixed, pour the pesto into a plastic taper, close and reserve in the fridge.
- Once the pesto is ready, we will prepare the gnocchi. Wash the potatoes well and cook them for about 25 minutes. It is important that the potatoes are more or less the same size so that the cooking time is the same.
- After time, check that the potatoes have cooked well by pricking them with a fork or skewer. Let them sit for about 10 minutes to reduce the heat. Peel them carefully and put them in a bowl. We must pass them through a food processor or mash them with a fork.
- Then beat the egg together with the olive oil and the tablespoon of salt. Poke a hole in the mashed potato and pour in the mixture. With floured hands, mix all the ingredients. Next you are going to add flour to the mixture, using your hands, until you make a consistent ball that you let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Has the 10 minutes passed? Then go taking portions and make cylinders. Now cut each cylinder into pieces of 1 cm, or 2 cm at most, and give them the shape of the gnocchi with a fork or with a special tool with which to make the gnocchi through the dough.
- Heat plenty of water in a new saucepan with three tablespoons of salt. When it is boiling, we will cook the gnocchi in groups of 5 so that they do not stick together. As you go, put them on a tray.
- Take out the pesto sauce and mix it with three tablespoons of the water in which you cooked the gnocchi and stir a little. Pour the mixture, along with the remaining pine nuts, over the gnocchi and you have this delicious dish ready.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe for gnocchi with pesto
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe for gnocchi with pesto. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Gnocchi with Pesto Masterclass with Giuseppe Crupi
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe for gnocchi with pesto here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe for gnocchi with pesto. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGnocchi recipe pesto