🕒 79m 👤 1-4
If you have never had the opportunity to try the authentic German apple pie this will be your great opportunity, which you will not regret. You can add raisins or walnuts if you wish.
German apple pie
- In a large bowl you are going to sift the flour, so that it is quite loose, then you mix it well with the flour.
- In another bowl you are going to beat the egg with a little salt. You will also have to beat the butter, but it will have to be soft or very workable, so keep it at room temperature until it softens and mixes with the egg.
- Add the flour while you are beating without stopping, using electric rods it will be easier for you, and you will see that a homogeneous dough is formed.
- Make a ball with the dough, cover with transparent paper and store in the fridge for a couple of hours to rest.
- Flour a flat surface and put the ball on top. Cut it into two halves that you are going to knead with the roller until they are fine.
- Butter the surface of the mold you are going to use and cover the bottom with one of the parts of this dough.
- Wash the apples well under running water, peel them, remove the core and cut into wedges that are not too thick. You put these apple pieces in the dough you have made, making a spiral.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and the cinnamon, adding if you want some walnuts or finely chopped raisins.
- Cover the base and the apples with the other part of the dough. If you want, to make it more golden, beat a good one and paint that part.
- Put in the oven at 190º C for about 40 minutes, so that the dough grows.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of German apple pie recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook German apple pie recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
German Apple Cake (Apfelkuchen)
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like German apple pie recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking German apple pie recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGerman cake recipe apple