🕒 120m 👤 8
Who can say no to an exquisite Galician broth with chickpeas? This traditional dish from the north of Spain is usually eaten in winter during the coldest days of the year. If you want to take it to your table without any complications, in Easyrecipe.top we explain step by step what you should do. Wait to receive everyone’s congratulations at home, you will leave them speechless with this broth!
And to whet your appetite, how about taking a piece of Galician loin pie as snack? Another typical Galician preparation that will also conquer the whole family.
That said, do you want to know how Galician broth with chickpeas is made? Well come on, let’s see it!
- 1 kg. from garbanzo beans
- 2 large cabbages
- 1 kg. from potatoes
- 1 whole cap
- 2 salted pork tongues
- 1 piece of Galician beef shank
- 1 piece of daub (optional)
- 2 salted pig ears
- 8 sausages
- 2 salted pork tails
- ½ pork shoulder
Preparation of Galician broth with chickpeas
- Two days before preparing this broth you have to soak all the salty parts of the pig, that is, the tail, the ears, the shoulder and the cap. You have to change the water at least once during this time.
- Chickpeas should also be soaked, but in this case only 12 hours before.
- Pour enough water into a large pot, put it on the fire and when it starts to boil add the chickpeas, the pork pieces except the sausages and the hock meat.
- Cook these ingredients for 1 ½ hours. Halfway through cooking, add salt to your liking.
- As the meat is done, remove it. The normal thing is that the ear is made first, then the tail, then the veal, then the cap and lastly the shoulder.
- Prepare all the meat in a source, cutting the cap into slices except the part of the nose, and the other meat into pieces, all the same.
- Cook the cabbages in another pot, with the whole leaf. You should also cook the peeled but whole potatoes, the piece of oil, if you are going to incorporate it, and the sausages.
- Skim the foam from the broth as it forms. The chorizos will be ready in just 15 or 20 minutes, so after that time you can remove them.
- Continue cooking the broth for about 10 more minutes, and the broth is ready. If you wish, you can remove the cabbage a little earlier.
- It only remains to present the broth in 4 sources: in one the veal meat and the chorizo will go, in another the other parts of the pork, in another the vegetables and potatoes separately and in another the chickpeas. And now, to eat!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of Galician broth with chickpeas
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of Galician broth with chickpeas. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
RECETA VEGANA DE GUISADO DE GARBANZOS DE INSPIRADA MARROQUÍ | ¡COMIDA FÁCIL EN UNA OLLA!
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of Galician broth with chickpeas here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of Galician broth with chickpeas. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGallego recipe broth with chickpeas