🕒 140m 👤 4
Have you ever eaten Galician stew with chestnuts? This dried fruit is consumed mainly during the fall and winter and has a high nutritional value as it contains vegetable protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber and vitamin E.
The preparation of this complete stew requires at least 24 hours, but you will see that it is worth it, its flavor is unmatched! If you want to continue betting on chestnuts and take advantage of the purchase to also use them as dessert, cook some roasted chestnuts with honey. They are delicious!
Go for the ingredients to cook alongside Easyrecipe.top an autumnal Galician stew with chestnuts and you will see. Go ahead!
- 300 gr. from garbanzo beans
- 2 sausages
- 300 gr. of lacón
- 150 gr. Iberian ham
- 1 pig’s ear
- 1 salty spine bone
- 12 peeled chestnuts
- 1 bunch kale leaves
- two carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 30 gr. pork fat
Preparation of the Galician stew with chestnuts
- The first step in the preparation of this stew is to place the pork shoulder, the ham, the ear and the back bone in a container with cold water. They should remain soaking for at least twelve hours, but don’t forget to change the water every six hours.
- In another container, place the chickpeas and cover them with water, add a teaspoon of baking soda and also soak them for a minimum of twelve hours.
- On the day of preparing the stew, wash the chickpeas and drain them. Fill a large pot with four liters of water and add the chickpeas, the desalted meats and the chorizos previously cut into medium pieces. Add the pork fat and simmer for two hours. Foam whenever necessary.
- To prepare the chestnuts you have to start by removing the hard skin and placing them in another pot with water and salt. Cook them for ten minutes and when you remove them, remove the soft skin that remains inside. Reservation.
- When the chickpeas have softened, that is, after 90 minutes, remove the meat and chorizo from the broth. Next, wash all the vegetables, peel them, chop them and add them to this pot. Also add the chestnuts and sweet paprika. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Cut the meat and chorizo into chunks and put them back in the pot. Rectify the salt and adjust if necessary. Cook for five more minutes so that everything is integrated and remove from the heat.
- Let your Galician stew with chestnuts rest for a few minutes before serving and, tachán! You’ll love it!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of Galician stew with chestnuts
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of Galician stew with chestnuts. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Shanghai Sweet Chicken Stew with Chestnuts: Authentic Chinese Cooking
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of Galician stew with chestnuts here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of Galician stew with chestnuts. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGalician stew recipe with chestnuts