🕒 90m 👤 4
Do you fancy a Galician stew with cabbage but have you never prepared it? No problem! On Easyrecipe.top We bring you the step by step so you can prepare this traditional stew typical of northern Spain and that it is delicious. If you dare to prepare this recipe, you will see that cooking the Galician stew, as well as other typical Galician recipes such as empanadas or the octopusIt may be simpler than you think and the result will make you an expert in the most traditional cuisine.
Looking for a companion? This food is quite caloric, so it is best that you enjoy it in the company of a good piece of bread for dipping. You will not regret! That you already have everything ready? Let’s go there!
- 300 gr of white beans
- 500 gr of bones Ham or knuckle
- 8 sausages
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 350 gr of cabbage
- 500 gr of potatoes
Preparation of Galician stew with cabbage
- The preparation of this Galician stew with cabbage begins the night before, when you will have to soak the beans. The next day, drain them in a colander and reserve.
- Then start the preparation of this stew by peeling the potatoes and cutting the sausages in half.
- In a large and deep casserole add 2 liters of water, put it to heat and when it boils add the beans, the ham or knuckle bones, the paprika and the salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 hours. From time to time you should stir the beans and remove the white foam that forms on the surface of the broth.
- If you notice that the broth is drying, add a little more water. While the broth is making, cut the potatoes into medium squares and wash the collard greens and then cut them finely.
- When the time has elapsed and you notice that the beans have softened, remove the bones from the broth and add the sausages, potatoes and collard greens. Remove the meat from the bones and add it to the casserole as well.
- Let the preparation simmer for another 30 minutes and before turning off the heat make sure that the potatoes and cabbage are tender.
- Then taste the broth to rectify the salt and voila. You already have a delicious Galician stew with cabbage in your kitchen!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Galician stew with cabbage recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Galician stew with cabbage recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Caldo Gallego – Spanish White Bean Stew with Ham, Bacon, Chorizo, Cabbage and Kale – Puerto Rican
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Galician stew with cabbage recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Galician stew with cabbage recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGalician stew recipe with cabbage