🕒 70m 👤 8
Would you like to have a delicious Galician tenderloin pie? On Easyrecipe.top We explain how to make it at home like a professional and make it more delicious than ever. Take aim and don’t lose any detail!
So now you know, go gathering the ingredients that we are going to prepare a Galician loin empanada to lick your fingers. This is all you have to do!
For the pie filling:
- 80 gr. bell pepper
- two onions
- 1/2 fresh pork tenderloin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
For the mass:
- 1/2 kg. strength flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and a half glasses of lukewarm water
- 1 egg
Preparation of the Galician loin pie
- Start by turning the oven to 50ºC, let it preheat for about 10 minutes and turn it off. Prepare a large bowl with half the flour, salt, oil, and water. Mix everything together and start kneading.
- Knead vigorously, pressing for at least 10 minutes, and add the rest of the flour until the dough no longer admits more. When you see that the dough does not stick to your hands, it will be when it is ready.
- Put the dough to rest in the bowl, cover it with a kitchen cloth and put it in the oven, which will still be at temperature so that the dough rises more easily. Keep at rest for 30 minutes. When the dough is almost doubled in size, it is ready to roll out.
- Cut the tenderloin into small pieces, add the garlic powder and salt. Put a frying pan to heat with a little olive oil and turn the meat over and over. Once done, put it aside and reserve it.
- Next, cut the onions into small cubes, and fry them over low heat, in the same pan where you made the tenderloin. Stir occasionally and cook until transparent.
- Once the onion is ready, add the meat to the pan again, along with the bell pepper that you have previously chopped. Stir, cook for 2 minutes over medium heat and set it aside.
- Now you are going to cut the dough into two more or less equal parts. Take one of the two balls of dough and begin to roll it out with the help of a floured rolling pin. You should go comparing it with the size of the oven tray, since once the dough is stretched, it will have to equal half of it.
- Put parchment paper on the tray, and cut out the dough that is left over. Drain the meat preparation from the oil and spread it over the entire base. Turn the oven back on to 180ºC.
- Stretch the other half of the dough well, and use it as a cover with the filling. Go braiding the edges of the upper and lower dough, sealing them in turn. Give a few pinches in the center with your fingers, and with a fork prick the entire empanada. This will prevent it from swelling.
- Take a bowl, beat the egg, and with a brush or silicone brush paint the entire patty. Put it in the oven at 180ºC only on the bottom for about fifteen minutes, and then put the heat up and down, and let it pass for about 30 minutes.
- You see checking the patty until the patty is golden. We will see that the baking time is finished due to the golden color in the dough.
- And that’s all! Your exquisite Galician tenderloin pie is ready. We hope you liked this recipe, that you enjoy it!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Galician loin pie recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Galician loin pie recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Spanish Tuna Pie | Galician Empanada
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Galician loin pie recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Galician loin pie recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGalician pie recipe tenderloin