🕒 60m 👤 4
The Galician cockle pie It is one of the many variants of this traditional recipe from the north of Spain. As with the Moorish chicken skewers or with the scrambled eggs with potatoes and ham, This dish is most appetizing as lunch at noon and preparing it is very simple.
If you want to discover how it is made, do not miss the opportunity to prepare yourself at home this delicious Galician cockle pie, It’s easier than you thought! Follow the steps that we indicate in Easyrecipe.top and you will enjoy all its flavor!
- 1 kg. cockles
- 1 green pepper
- 1 Red pepper
- two onions
- 1 tooth of Garlic
- 1 dessert spoon of sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
To make the dough:
- 500 gr. Of flour
- 40 gr. yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
Preparation of the Galician cockle pie
- First, peel the onion and chop it into small pieces. Wash the peppers under running water and cut them in the same way. Do the same with the garlic clove.
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and heat it over medium heat. Sauté these vegetables with a pinch of salt for five to ten minutes, then add the cockles to the pan. Lower the heat for a couple of minutes and add the paprika. Turn the heat back up, stir the ingredients and wait a couple more minutes. Then, turn off the heat and reserve.
- Now you have to prepare the dough for the pie. To do this you must sift the flour on the surface on which you are going to work it, making a hole right in the center. Add the rest of the ingredients that you have to use for the dough and mix them in a circle with your fingers.
- Knead this mixture with your hands until it can be worked without problems, if necessary add some more flour. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
- Put the oven to preheat to 200ºC and, while you wait, divide the dough into two parts. Stretch one of them with the help of a rolling pin and cover a suitable baking dish with this dough. Make sure it sticks out a little around the edges.
- Pour the contents of the pan, that is, the filling of the empanada, on this first layer without touching the ends and stretch the other half of the dough. As soon as you have done it, you have to put it on top. Roll the protruding edges of the bottom dough with the top one and poke a small hole in the center.
- With the help of a brush, paint the surface of the pie with the mixture of the yolk of an egg and water. Finally, put the mold in the oven and let the patty cook for half an hour until it is well toasted.
- As soon as it is ready, take the dumpling out of the oven and let it cool. As soon as it has rested you can try it, you are going to love it!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Galician cockle pie recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Galician cockle pie recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
GALICIAN EMPANADA RECIPE | EMPANADA GALLEGA | Step by Step | Chef James Makinson
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Galician cockle pie recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Galician cockle pie recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeGalician pie recipe cockle