🕒 100m 👤 6
Although they can be prepared in various ways, honey gives it an extraordinary flavor, as do matalahúva and lemon, and these pestiños have all that to be one of the best variants.
These are the steps you must follow and the amounts you must use to get the perfect honey pestiños. Take note!
- 75 ml of sherry wine
- 250 gr. Of flour
- 400 ml of sunflower or mild olive oil
- 1 tablespoon anise beans or Matalahúva
- 200 gr. from honey
- 1 lemon
Preparation of pestiños with honey
- Heat all the oil in a frying pan and add the anise beans and the skin of a lemon. You have to let everything cool for two or three minutes and then turn off the heat and let it rest until it reaches room temperature.
- It is very important that the lemon peel that we use does not have the white part because it will make the dessert bitter. Make sure you only add yellow skin.
- Once the oil is tempered, we pour about 75 ml into a bowl and add the flour and wine. The rest of the oil is reserved. We stir well and when a mass has formed, we turn off the heat and put it on a flat surface.
- You have to stretch the dough with a rolling pin and try to make it very thin because after frying it it will get fat.
- We will cut the dough into squares of about 5X5 centimeters more or less. Then we take the corners, fold them and stick them with the opposite ones. You can use a little water to stick them if you can’t.
- It is time to fry the pestiños and we will do it with the flavored oil that we have reserved. We add it to the pan and put it to heat over medium heat. The key to getting a good pestiño is that it is fried well, so the temperature of the oil will be key to achieving this.
- We must try that the oil is neither too cold nor too hot. For this reason, we will try with the first ones and we will adapt the temperature until we achieve that they do not burn or are not raw.
- When they are fried we put them on a plate with absorbent paper so that they expel all the oil that is left over.
- To give them a touch of honey, we will heat the honey in a saucepan with approximately half a glass of water. The water has to equal a quarter of the volume of honey that we have in the saucepan.
- Once the honey is hot, we introduce the pestiños and bathe them in the honey syrup and remove them. They should be put on a rack to drain the excess honey and solidify.
- After this step you would have your honey pestiños ready. Now it only remains to enjoy this sweet and Easter.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of pestinos with honey
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of pestinos with honey. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
honey & cheese fritters | bonacini’s italy 2
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of pestinos with honey here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of pestinos with honey. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeFritters recipe with honey