🕒 120m 👤 8
The pestiños from Jerez, like the French toast, They are a typical recipe for Andalusian Christmas and Easter. But if you are passionate about this delicacy, you will probably want to take them at any time of the year.
The pestiños can be taken at any time of the day, as a snack or after the main meals. Many people love to accompany them with a glass of sweet wine.
In Easyrecipe.top We show you the best way to prepare them. Don’t miss a thing, because in Jerez pestiños are prepared in a somewhat different, but delicious way. Shall we start?
- 1 kg. Of flour
- 1 glass of Red wine
- 2 glasses of olive oil, extra virgin
- 150 grams of sesame
- 150 grams of star anise
- one Orange
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Juice of medium lemon
- Colored balls (optional)
Preparation of the pestiños from Jerez
- First, we remove the peel from the orange. We put in a frying pan to heat the oil over medium heat. When it is already hot, we add the peel and fry it. We have to observe that it takes a golden tone without burning. If necessary, we lower the heat.
- When it starts to brown, we add the sesame and anise to the pan. As soon as we see that the shell is going to brown too much, we remove it. We take the rest of the contents of the pan and put it in a blender glass to cool it.
- Next, we extract the juice from the orange and add it to the glass. We churn all the content together. We put the mixture to cool and while we will put the flour and salt in a container.
- It has to be a rather deep container since we will work this dough for about an hour. Before starting to work it, we add the previous mixture and the glass of wine.
- We work the dough with our hands and then let it rest for a quarter of an hour covered. Once it has rested, we are stretching portions with a rolling pin and cutting into small square pieces. They have to be very thin because the dough gets fatter right away. We are frying in very hot olive oil.
- Finally, we boil the honey along with a glass and a half of water and a splash of lemon for approximately two minutes. When the syrup cools, we bathe the pestiños one by one. It is enough to put them in a moment so that they soak well, and we take them out. Let it cold down.
- Our delicious pestiños de Jerez are ready! A very typical custom is to decorate them with colored balls, which gives them a better appearance and flavor. And ready to eat!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Sherry pestinos recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Sherry pestinos recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Sweetcorn Fritters and Yoghurt Dip | Gordon Ramsay
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Sherry pestinos recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Sherry pestinos recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeFritters recipe sherry