🕒 54m 👤 1-4
Veracruz fish soup is widely consumed in Mexico and has been spreading little by little throughout the West. For what reason? Well, you just have to do it yourself with this very simple recipe and check it out for yourself.
- 150 gr. fish to your liking
- 400 gr. monkfish or hake
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 carrot
- 2 teeth of Garlic
- 1 tomato
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons of pepper
- Corn oil
- White pepper
Preparation of Veracruz fish soup
- Put a pot on the fire with enough water to bring it to a boil, adding a little salt and white pepper. When it starts to boil, you are going to add the fish, the two types, very well cleaned, and the bay leaves.
- You are going to put another pot on the fire, along with a good splash of sunflower oil so that it warms up.
- Peel the onion, wash it well under running water and chop it, to put it to poach along with the garlic cloves, also very well minced.
- You peel the carrot, clean it well, and cut it into slices to pass it through the shredder, because you need it cut into cubes. When the onion has a golden hue, you add it to the pot and fry it all together.
- Peel the potato well, wash it a little under the tap water and cut it into wedges that you add together with the peas, checking before the carrot has become soft enough.
- The tomato you will have to peel, in the best way you can (many steam it so that it is much easier to remove the skin) and cut it into wedges. After having ginned it, grind it well and add to the mixture, stirring very well so that it remains integrated.
- Once the tomato begins to take a bit of tone with the rest of the ingredients, add the chilies, stir very well to mix and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the fish stock that you had prepared, because even if you have put the ingredients in a basket, something may have gone through and foam may have formed, and that will greatly spoil the flavor of this soup, and you add most of it, leaving you a little.
- Turn up the heat to boil and then keep it at medium power, so that everything cooks for about 20 minutes.
- Check the taste of salt, and if necessary salt and pepper a little.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Veracruz fish soup recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Veracruz fish soup recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Receta de pargo rojo al estilo de Veracruz: pescado al horno fácil Veracruz
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Veracruz fish soup recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Veracruz fish soup recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeFish soup recipe veracruzano