🕒 60 👤 4
The Venezuelan fish consommé It is much more than a simple consommé, it is a complete and substantial spoon dish that is cooked with typical Latin American vegetables such as oranges and yams. If you cannot find these ingredients, you can substitute them for cassava and carrots. This dish is loaded with a lot of flavor thanks to the fact that first a base of fish broth made with heads and bones is made, which gives a lot of taste to the preparation. It makes our mouths water just thinking about it!
If you like Venezuelan food, in Easyrecipe.top You will find the instructions to prepare many typical dishes of this country, such as the Venezuelan roast beef waves chicharrón arepas, We have options for all tastes!
We do not take more time, gather the ingredients of this Venezuelan fish consommé and we are going to prepare it right now. We started!
- 1 kg. grouper or white fish fillets
- 2 fish heads
- 4 potatoes
- 1 occupy
- 1 yam
- 1 piece of pumpkin
- 4 plantains
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of leek
- 1 Red pepper
- 6 teeth of Garlic
- 6 sweet peppers
- 1 bunch of coriander
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of Venezuelan fish consommé
- Start by washing the fish to remove any entrails and any blood it may have. Then season the fillets with salt, pepper, two cloves of crushed garlic and the lemon juice. Cut the fillets into pieces and reserve.
- Peel the potatoes, yams, squash and squash and cut into medium pieces. Peel the onion and cut it into two parts, then do the same with the leek, the pepper and the ginned peppers.
- In a large pot, add two liters of water, the leek, onion, bell pepper, and the remaining whole garlic cloves. Also add the fish heads and salt and pepper to taste. Heat over high heat to bring the water to a boil and then cook for 30 minutes over medium heat with the pot covered.
- While the broth is preparing, remove the foam that will form on the surface and do not let the water dry. If the broth becomes dry, add more water immediately and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Also take this time to peel the plantains, cut them into medium pieces and boil them in a separate pot with water and a little salt. Remove the bananas after about ten minutes, when they are soft, and set them aside.
- After 30 minutes of cooking the broth, strain it and return it to the pot. Heat over high heat until it boils and then add the potatoes, yams, squash and squash. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables soften, thirty minutes will be enough.
- When the vegetables are done, add the fish fillets in pieces and the coriander tied with a string. Cook the fish with the covered pot over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Finally, add the banana to the pot, mix to integrate, rectify the salt and that’s it. You can now enjoy an authentic Venezuelan fish consommé. Serve each plate with a portion of fish and vegetables, what a benefit!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Venezuelan fish consomme recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Venezuelan fish consomme recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Sopa de Pescado Receta
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Venezuelan fish consomme recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Venezuelan fish consomme recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeFish soup recipe Venezuela