🕒 50m 👤 4
The Andalusian fish soup It is a classic in this region, a comforting dish ideal for cold days, although it can also be consumed during the summer if you really feel like it.
Making it is very easy because the true secret of its preparation consists in making a powerful stock that serves as the base for the dish. You will see that after serving it everyone at home will ask you to repeat it! Take note of this preparation that we bring you in Easyrecipe.top and sign up to prepare a dish with Andalusian tradition that is yummy.
- 400 gr. monkfish
- 400 gr. from hake
- 200 gr. from clams
- 200 gr. from prawns
- 300 gr of carrot
- 300 gr. from onion
- two leeks
- 40 gr. from rice
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 glass of cognac
- 1 monkfish head
- 8 slices of bread
Andalusian fish soup preparation
- The first thing to prepare is going to be the stock, that’s how it will be done while we prepare the rest of the ingredients. Fill a tall pot with two liters of water and bring to high heat until it boils, when it boils, reduce the power of the fire by half.
- Add the clean monkfish head to the water together with one of the leeks, the well-peeled shrimp skins and salt and pepper to taste. The broth will need to cook for 20 minutes. After that time, remove everything from inside and reserve the liquid.
- Then cut the onion, the leek and the carrot and reserve the vegetables.
- Add a splash of oil to another spacious pot and bring to medium heat, when hot, add the onion and let it fry for 5 minutes, then add the leek and carrot.
- When you see that all the vegetables have a golden hue and are soft, then pour the cognac, turn up the heat a little so that it boils, and reduce it so that the alcohol is consumed. Add the slices of bread to make them soft.
- While doing this, you can clean the hake and dice it, as well as the monkfish. Reserve to cook later.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges, remove the seeds and mash until you make a sauce. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and stir again, then pour into the pot in which you have fried the vegetables, along with the rice.
- Stir well and fry everything together for 10 minutes, until the tomato is gradually consumed.
- Now pour the hot fish broth that you had reserved until it covers half of the pot. If the rice you use is arroz bomba, it absorbs the water and the broth very quickly, so it is recommended that you reserve a little in case you run out of broth. It is also necessary to monitor the cooking.
- Cook for 10 minutes and, when it has started to boil, add the monkfish, hake and prawns. Cook everything together for 5 minutes and then add the clams and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Your Andalusian fish soup is ready! Let stand 10 minutes before serving and serve with a little fresh chopped parsley. It’s so good that everyone will clean their dishes.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of Andalusian fish soup
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of Andalusian fish soup. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
One-Pot Spicy Spanish Seafood Stew
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of Andalusian fish soup here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of Andalusian fish soup. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeFish soup recipe Andalusian