🕒 30m 👤 4
Nothing like ones squid in beer batter crispy and rich, totally homemade! Take note of the elaboration that we present below in Easyrecipe.top and get ready to enjoy a delicious tapa.
And if you want to give them a touch of extra flavor, serve them together with a creamy vegan aioli to give them that intensity that comes so well for them. What are you waiting for? Get down to work and succeed with this preparation.
- 1 k. of rings of squid
- ½ l. of lager beer
- 150 grs. wheat flour
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Salt to taste
Preparation of the squid battered with beer
- To begin with, the first thing you should do is wash the squid rings since, although they may come completely clean from the fish shop, they may still contain some residue that you should discard.
- Rinse them several times under the running tap and then put them in a colander with a little salt on top.
- Now pour the beer into a large container, and gradually add the previously sifted wheat flour to prevent lumps from forming.
- With the help of some manual rods, mix the ingredients well until a kind of sauce is formed. Add some more flour if you think that the mixture is not too thick, add salt to taste and continue stirring. This will be your batter mix.
- Now put enough olive oil to fry in a pan over high heat. Thoroughly dry the squid so that the batter grips well, when the oil is hot, coat about 8 squid and fry them slightly separated in the pan to make them crisp.
- It is important that you do not fry many squid in the same batch because the oil will cool down and the result will not be as crunchy as it should. When they are golden, remove them to a plate covered with absorbent paper to eliminate excess oil.
- Keep repeating the operation until you have fried all the squid.
- Do you want to give a better presentation to the dish? Then cut a lemon into slices and place them around the tray where you will serve them. You can also squeeze it over the squid when eating to give it a delicious touch.
- And nothing more! Now you just have to sit at the table, and savor these delicious squid battered with beer. You will see how it has been very worth trying this recipe! Run, don’t let it cool!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Beer battered calamari recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Beer battered calamari recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Best Beer Battered Seafood Recipe | Beer Battered Calamari & Scallops
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Beer battered calamari recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Beer battered calamari recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeBreaded Calamari recipe with beer