🕒 15 m 👤 4
One of the star dishes during Christmas is the cooked crawfish. These prawn-like crustaceans are rich in vitamin B5, B3 and niacin so they are recommended to lower cholesterol. Today we are going to show you how to cook them since for their meat to preserve the brightness and softness that characterizes them, they must be boiled following certain indications.
Write down the advice we give you in Easyrecipe.top and these holidays prepare the best cooked crawfish.
- 1 kg. of crayfish
- 280 gr. of salt
- 4 liters of water
- 2 bay leaves
Preparation of cooked scampi
- Cooking scampi is very simple, but you have to do it the right way. First we are going to explain how to do it with live and fresh seafood.
- To do this, prepare a large container with two liters of water and 140 grams of salt. If you are going to use more water, you should increase the amount of salt, they are between 60 and 70 grams per liter.
- Mix the salt well so that it dissolves and then add a lot of ice, the water should be ice cold, since the purpose is to stop cooking as soon as you remove it from the heat.
- In a pot, place 2 liters of cold water, 140 grams of salt and the bay leaf. If your crayfish are not submerged add more water and more salt. Add your live seafood and light the fire, they will die from the heat, this will prevent the legs from coming off and the shells from being flooded with water.
- Once the water starts to boil, you must count the cooking time and this will depend on the size of the scampi. Between 50 and 100 gr. they are 2 minutes, between 100 and 150 gr. they are 3 minutes and from 200 gr. it’s 4 minutes.
- When you remove them from the hot water, immediately immerse them in the ice water. When they are cold, drain them and put them in the refrigerator until it is time to eat them.
- If you are going to use frozen crawfish, you must put the water on the fire with the salt and the bay leaf and when it comes to a boil, add the crawfish. You will start counting the cooking time after the second boil, as the water will cool when you introduce the frozen seafood.
- Once boiled, also put them in the container with ice water to stop cooking and voila, you will have your crawfish cooked!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Cooked langoustine recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Cooked langoustine recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How To Make a Crawfish Boil with Isaac Toups
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Cooked langoustine recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Cooked langoustine recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeBoiled crawfish recipe