🕒 140m 👤 6
Enjoy a good plate of boar stew homemade is not complicated at all. It is a simple dish to make that only requires a little time to prepare, however the end result will be well worth it.
Accompanied by some delicious baked potatoes, you will get a plate of 10. Ready to cook? At Easyrecipe.top we explain how to make a boar stew delicious step by step.
- 1 kilo and a half of wild boar leg
- two onions medium
- 8 teeth of Garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ Red pepper
- 1 tomato mature
- 200 ml. from Red wine
- 1 spoon of sugar
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of the boar stew
- The first step is the most important: cleaning the meat. You have to remove, with the help of a knife, any trace of fat and offal that will not serve you when cooking. In the case of not knowing how to do it, it is better to ask the butcher to do it when buying the meat.
- Cut the meat into medium-sized cubes, making sure they do not have any trace of fat. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, once hot brown the meat for a few minutes, just until it takes on a little color.
- While the meat is browning, peel the onion and chop it into very small pieces, as well as the garlic cloves and bell pepper. Salt and pepper a little and stir the vegetables with a spoon to mix the spice well.
- When the meat is colored, remove it and put it in a deep container covered with aluminum foil, baking paper or plastic wrap, so that it does not dry out.
- In the same pot, add all the vegetables and cook for about 5 – 9 minutes until the onion turns a golden hue. That is the signal for you to add a little black pepper, bay leaf and a little thyme to taste.
- Wash the tomato and cut it into small pieces, making sure you get rid of the seeds. As soon as you see that all the vegetables are well browned, you add them to the pot. Lower the heat and cook slowly, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. This part is important, because this sauce is what will give flavor to the meat.
- As soon as you see that the vegetables are well poached, pour the red wine and turn up the heat to medium intensity. Wait a few minutes until the alcohol has been consumed, stirring frequently. At that time add the meat, stir a little and add water until the meat is lightly covered.
- If you use a normal pot, you have to cook the meat for 2 hours with the heat at medium power and with the lid on. If you are using a pressure cooker, you should cook it for a maximum of 40 minutes or the meat will be too dry.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, remove the meat from the pot and leave it reserved on a tray while you continue cooking the sauce until it reduces to the desired thickness. Taste it to see if it lacks a pinch of salt or pepper and add whatever is necessary.
- Once the sauce is well reduced, turn off the heat and transfer it to the blender glass to blend it. Once shredded, return it to the pot along with the meat and cook, over low heat, for 10 minutes so that the flavor of the sauce is integrated into the meat.
- Serve your wild boar stew on a tray and get ready to enjoy a unique dish. If you are going to cook some garnish, the best thing to do with this meat is the freshly made puree, some baked potatoes or some fried potatoes, you will see what a delight!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Wild boar stew recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Wild boar stew recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Wild Boar Stew | Rick Stein | BBC Studios
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Wild boar stew recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Wild boar stew recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeBoar stew recipe