The Donuts They are a traditional Spanish sweet made to celebrate Holy Week, however they have become so popular that they can be enjoyed all year round, just make them when we feel like it!
That is why at Easyrecipe.top we share with you our best donut preparations, so that you can make them at home step by step and with the best results. Do you dare to prepare them?
Anise donuts recipe
- 500 gr. pastry flour
- 150 gr. white sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100 ml. virgin olive oil
- 1 orange
- ½ lemon
- 4 tablespoons of sweet anise
- 1 sachet of yeast
- Sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons of sugar for the batter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon for the batter
Preparation of the anise donuts
Why buy some Anis donuts When can you make them at home and with a delicious result? Learn this fantastic recipe to prepare and enjoy them any time of the year.
- Start by grating the skin of the orange and half a lemon, try not to reach the white part to avoid the bitter taste of it.
- Using two containers, crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites, taking great care that they do not break.
- In the blender glass, beat the egg whites with a little salt and a little sugar to bring them to the point of snow. Once this is achieved, add the yolks and beat again, being very careful not to let the whites fall. Reserve the mixture in a container to use later.
- Sift the flour into a deep bowl and make a hole in the center, something similar to the volcano, and inside you pour the yeast envelope. Using a spoon mix everything well, until the yeast is not noticeable.
- In another bowl, beat all the olive oil together with the anise and the pieces of lemon and orange peel for a couple of minutes, until the sugar has mixed well.
- Next, pour this mixture into the container where you have the egg mixture, continuing to beat.
- Once the ingredients have been mixed, add the flour to this preparation while beating for a single moment with the mixer. When you finish pouring the flour, you will have a compact dough that you can work with your hands.
- Flour your hands and knead the preparation a little, giving it a circular shape. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough for your anise donuts rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- After two hours, heat a lot of oil in a pan, cover more or less half of the pan, with the heat at medium power, while you work the dough.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and place the ball on a flat, floured surface. Take a portion and work it with your hands to make a small ball, roll it out to form a not too thick cylinder, then join both ends to make the anise donut.
- You can also give the dough a circular shape, flattening it until the thread is the desired thickness, then using a small shot glass, remove the center and thus get the donut shape you want.
- As you prepare them you have to put them in the pan, so that they fry well on both sides for around 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Don’t do more than three or four at a time so they don’t stick together.
- When you remove them, let them rest on a tray with absorbent paper so that they release the excess oil.
- Mix the contents of the sugar and cinnamon containers in a new one, stirring with the spoon so that both ingredients are well mixed, then spread over your Anis donuts (with the absorbent paper already removed). Now you just have to enjoy this delicious dessert!
Other Donut recipes
Fried donuts recipe
🕒 50m 👤 5
Learn how to prepare delicious fried donuts step by step with the best recipe, and shine with a traditional dessert to lick your fingers.
Orange donuts recipe
🕒 60m 👤 4
These orange donuts are a perfect sweet to accompany coffee. The orange gives them a fruity touch that makes them very appetizing. Give them a try!
Baked donuts recipe
🕒 50m 👤 4
Although donuts are a dessert that is normally fried in the pan, dare to cook them in a different way and try the baked donuts!
Thermomix donuts recipe
🕒 35m 👤 4
Thermomix donuts are the easiest way to prepare this typical Easter dessert. Thanks to your kitchen robot it will take half!
Sugar Free Anise Donuts Recipe
🕒 20m 👤 6
The ANISE BUTTERS WITHOUT SUGAR 🍩 are a delicious dessert to have at tea time or to accompany your coffee after eating. Make them at home!