🕒 20m 👤 4
The avocado sauce for arepas, better known as guasacaca, It is an exquisite mojo that not only serves to complement the flavor of some delicious arepas, but you can use it to give an additional touch of flavor to fried yucca, Tostones and empanadas. Does it look like guacamole? No! Its texture is much more liquid and it owes a large part of its flavor to a good portion of coriander. When you try it, you will understand!
If you dare to prepare this Venezuelan avocado sauce, take the opportunity to make some delicious baked arepas and get the most out of this exquisite dressing. Wait no more, let’s do this guasacaca right now!
- 1 avocado mature
- 350 gr of coriander
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 sweet pepper
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ingredients for avocado sauce for arepas
- Let’s start preparing the ingredients for this guasacaca! To do this, cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and the skin and chop the pulp into medium squares. Reservation.
- Then peel, wash and cut the onion into small squares and do the same with the tomato and the sweet pepper. Remember not to discard the seeds of the chili pepper since its flavor is concentrated there.
- Now it is the turn of the coriander. Wash the bunch of coriander with plenty of water and discard any branches that are wilted. Then cut the leaves and stems of the coriander finely.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, onion and avocado to the blender glass. Process until all the ingredients are crushed and a sauce is obtained. If the ingredients are difficult to process, you can add a splash of water.
- Add the tomato, sweet pepper and coriander to the blender glass. Process until integrated with the previous preparation and obtain a lump-free avocado sauce.
- We are almost done! Pour the guasacaca into a container, add salt and pepper to taste and mix to integrate. Rectify the flavor of the sauce and you’re done. Now you can enjoy this rich avocado sauce for arepas!
Tips for a delicious guasacaca:
- If when you finish preparing the sauce you notice that it tastes a lot of lemon for your taste, you can add a teaspoon of olive oil to reduce the acidity.
- When choosing the tomato, avoid being fully ripe, preferring one that is red and yellowish in color.
- If you do not get sweet pepper, you can substitute it for chili or do without this ingredient: nothing happens!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Avocado sauce recipe for arepas
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Avocado sauce recipe for arepas. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Creamy Avocado Sauce Recipe | Healthy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Avocado sauce recipe for arepas here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Avocado sauce recipe for arepas. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeAvocado sauce recipe for arepas