🕒 180m 👤 4
Today we bring you a recipe that is ideal for those days when you want to cook an elaborate dish and surprise everyone at home. It is a delicious Asturian chickpea stew, a meal that consists of a noodle soup, a stew of different meats and a good portion of vegetables, that is, all the food groups in the same plate so that no one is left hungry. Marvelous!
Go ahead and prepare this classic of Spanish gastronomy and leave everyone at home asking for more. Shall we start?
- 500 gr of chickpeas
- 1/2 kg of veal black pudding
- 1/4 chicken
- 2 cane bones
- 1 chorizo
- 1 blood sausage
- 1 tip of Serrano ham
- 150 gr of bacon
- 6 potatoes
- 4 carrots big
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 handfuls of noodles
Preparation of Asturian chickpea stew
- To start preparing this Asturian chickpea stew, you need to soak the chickpeas the night before in a bowl with warm water, a tablespoon of sea salt and a pinch of baking soda. The next day, drain the chickpeas and put them in hot water.
- When cooking, add plenty of cold water to a pot and add the tied meat, chicken, bacon, ham and bones to prevent the marrow from coming out. Also add a little salt and cook over medium heat until it boils.
- When the water has boiled for 5 minutes, remove the foam from the pot and add the chickpeas.
- When the preparation comes to a boil you should lower the heat so that everything cooks slowly and the chickpeas do not break. Let the stew cook for 3 hours and do not forget to remove the foam from time to time.
- As time passes, wash, peel and slice the carrots and potatoes. Wash, cut and cook the cabbage and chorizo in a pot of boiling water for 35 minutes. Then remove from the heat and reserve the cabbage and chorizo.
- When the stew takes two hours to the fire, add the carrots and half an hour later add the potatoes. Add olive oil to a pan and fry the blood sausage. When fully cooked, cut it into slices and reserve along with the chorizo and cabbage.
- When the stew is done, separate most of the broth from the meats, leaving just a little bit so the meat doesn’t dry out. Add the broth to another pot and when it is boiling add the noodles and cook for 15 minutes. Then incorporate this noodle soup into a tureen.
- We are going to serve the Asturian chickpea stew! In a tray, add the potatoes, carrots, chickpeas and cabbage. In another tray, serve all the meat in pieces, the chicken, the chorizo, the blood sausage, the bacon, the ham and the marrow.
- Place the tureen with the two trays on the table and let each guest serve the portion they want of this delicious Asturian chickpea stew that is yummy. Enjoy!
Tips and recommendations:
- During the cooking of the stew, a kind of foam will form on the surface of the broth, eliminate it by adding a glass of cold water to the preparation. It is important to repeat this process every time you notice that the stew has foam.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Asturian chickpea stew recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Asturian chickpea stew recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Spanish Chickpea Stew | A Timeless Spanish Dish
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Asturian chickpea stew recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Asturian chickpea stew recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeAsturian recipe cooked chickpeas