🕒 86m 👤 1-4
A very original dish is the bean stew with octopus, and you are going to learn how to do it from scratch.
Asturian bean stew with octopus recipe
- First of all, put a saucepan on the fire to bring it to a boil. Add the bay leaf along with the octopus and let it cook over medium heat, which will take about 30 minutes or so to be ready.
- When the octopus is ready, you take it out and let it rest for a couple of hours and the water that you have obtained from the octopus is going to be saved for later.
- You put the beans to cook in the same water as the octopus, once it has settled. Cut the onion in half, the garlic cloves and add them to the saucepan with the beans when the water boils.
- Reduce the power of the heat and let the beans cook for at least an hour and a half. If you see that there is a lack of water for cooking, add a little more.
- Cut and peel the other onion and chop it into small pieces. You are going to fry this onion in a pan with a little parsley. Also sauté some of the paprika and mix well to add it to the saucepan with the beans.
- Chop the octopus and add it to the saucepan with the beans. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Asturian fabada with octopus recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Asturian fabada with octopus recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Octopus Stew Portuguese Style Recipe
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Asturian fabada with octopus recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Asturian fabada with octopus recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeAsturian bean stew recipe with octopus