🕒 35m 👤 4
Today we bring you the instructions so you can learn to cook some Argentine ham and cheese empanadas They are so tasty that just thinking about them makes our mouths water. This dish can be eaten as breakfast, one-time dinner or as an aperitif to have a snack with friends. We like to eat it at all hours!
The trick to make these empanadas tasty is to knead the dough enough so that it has that soft and elastic texture that we enjoy so much. Do you like Argentine gastronomy? On Easyrecipe.top We invite you to take a look at our Argentinian alfajores, a perfect dessert for a southern menu.
Let’s start cooking some succulent Argentine ham and cheese empanadas, you’ll see how good they are!
For the mass:
- 1/4 kg of wheat flour
- 60 gr of butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 liter of vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 200 gr of grated Manchego cheese
- 200 gr of grated cooked ham
Preparation of Argentine ham and cheese empanadas
- Heat the water with the butter so that it melts. Then pour all the flour into a counter and form a hole in the center, forming a volcano.
- Incorporate the water with the melted butter, the sugar and salt to taste in the center of the flour. Start mixing with your hands little by little from the inside out.
- Knead the mixture with your hands until you have a homogeneous and elastic dough. Then make a ball with all the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on the counter with the help of a rolling pin until you have a large and elastic sheet. Cut 12-centimeter circles of dough, you can do it with a cookie mold or with a plate.
- In the center of each dough you are going to place a tablespoon of cooked ham and a tablespoon of cheese. Then moisten the edges of the circle and fold the dough in half to form a crescent. Seal the patty by pricking the edges with a fork.
- Add plenty of vegetable oil to a frying pan and when it is boiling, fry the patties until golden brown. Avoid leaving them too long so they don’t break.
- Place the empanadas on a plate with absorbent paper to drain the oil and then serve and accompany with a little chimichurri, guasacaca or garlic sauce. Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Argentinean ham and cheese empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Argentinean ham and cheese empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to make ham and cheese Argentinian Empanadas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Argentinean ham and cheese empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Argentinean ham and cheese empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArgentine empanadas recipe ham and cheese