🕒 35m 👤 4
Do you fancy some rich Argentine cheese and corn empanadas? No problem! On Easyrecipe.top We are going to teach you how to prepare this delicious dish so that you can do it at home whenever you want and it will be yummy. These empanadas can be made with any other filling, so you can substitute the cheese and corn for ground beef or a mixture of ricotta and spinach. All versions are delicious!
To enjoy these empanadas as you should be, we suggest that you prepare an authentic Argentinian chimichurri which is to be eaten in one sitting and if you have leftover you can also use it to eat with meats and boiled cassava.
We do not take more time, we are going to cook some delicious Argentine cheese and corn empanadas, right now!
For the mass:
- 1/4 kg of wheat flour
- 60 gr of butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 liter of vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 200 gr of grated Manchego cheese
Preparation of Argentine cheese and corn empanadas
- We start preparing the dough: Heat the water and butter until the latter melts. Spread the flour on a counter and open a hole in the center of it in the shape of a volcano.
- Incorporate the water with the butter, sugar and salt to taste in the center of the flour. Mix with your hands from the inside out and knead until you have an elastic dough.
- When you get the sweet spot of the dough, form a large ball with it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, roll it out again on the counter with the help of a rolling pin and knead until you have a long, thin sheet.
- With the help of a pastry mold, the lid of a tin or a plate cut 12-centimeter circles of dough.
- In the middle of each circle add a tablespoon of queso de queso and a tablespoon of corn kernels. Moisten the edges of the circles and fold the dough into a half moon. Seal the patty by pricking the edges with a fork.
- Repeat the process until you have all your empanadas ready. Then add plenty of oil to a frying pan and when it is boiling, fry the patties one by one until they are golden brown.
- Place the Argentine cheese and corn empanadas on a plate with absorbent paper to drain the oil. Then serve and accompany with a little chimichurri. Take advantage!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Argentinean cheese and corn empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Argentinean cheese and corn empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to Make Argentine Empanadas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Argentinean cheese and corn empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Argentinean cheese and corn empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArgentine empanadas recipe for cheese and corn