🕒 80m 👤 4
One of the most popular dishes in Argentine cuisine is empanadas. Their errands or carbonada, names given to fillings there, vary according to the region where they are prepared. Would you like to try some Argentine chicken empanadas? Then do not miss the indications of Easyrecipe.top!
If you want to give them a touch of special flavor, accompany them with this tasty Argentinian chimichurri and you will see that you will not stop until you have eaten them all.
Gather everything you need to make some Argentinian chicken empanadas. They will be delicious!
For the mass:
- 500 gr. Of flour
- 200 gr. beef fat or butter
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
For the filling:
- 500 gr. breast of chicken
- 500 gr. from onion
- one Red pepper
- 1/3 cup of chopped olives
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 boiled eggs
Preparation of Argentine chicken empanadas
- To make the empanadas, you have to start with the dough: To do this, heat the water and dissolve the salt when it is hot.
- Place the flour in a bowl and add the fat, pour the warm water in parts and integrate with your hands. When you have a uniform mixture, knead it for a few minutes on the floured table.
- Once it’s smooth, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in a cool place.
- To make the filling, boil the chicken breasts with salt until just tender. Take them out with a slotted spoon and when cool, crumble them. Reserve the broth.
- Dice the onions and red pepper, then heat the olive oil and add the onion with a pinch of salt. When it is transparent add the pepper, the seasonings and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, mix and pour the broth. Add a little salt and cook for 15 minutes.
- After time, remove from the heat, add the olives, the well-chopped cooked eggs and stir. Transfer to a source and let it cool.
- To assemble them, spread the dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface, cut the portions and make 4mm thick circles about 12 centimeters in diameter.
- Moisten the dough, add a generous spoonful of filling, close and flatten the edges with a fork or with a polish that you will make with your fingers.
- When you have them all ready, fry them in hot oil and drain on absorbent paper. And now to eat your Argentine chicken empanadas!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Argentinean chicken empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Argentinean chicken empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
ARGENTINIAN EMPANADAS | EXPRESS AND EASY
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Argentinean chicken empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Argentinean chicken empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArgentine empanadas recipe chicken