🕒 60m 👤 6
Do you want to try a different food for your breakfasts and snacks? These Argentinian cheese empanadas they are perfect for the occasion. Follow the guide of Easyrecipe.top and you will see how rich they are going to be.
If you want to know other similar options but prepared with other ingredients, we recommend the Venezuelan plantain and cheese empanadas waves Colombian yucca empanadas. However, not only Latin gastronomy has these preparations, Spanish cuisine also has its own empanada recipes and a good example of this is the recipe for ratatouille dumplings. Are you ready then to prepare some Argentine cheese empanadas? Let’s not waste any more time and get started now!
For the mass:
- ½ kg. wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup warm water
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup of fresh cheese
- 2/3 cup Gruyère cheese
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 egg
Preparation of Argentine cheese empanadas
- Before starting, cut the butter into cubes. Then, place the flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix with your hands.
- Then open a hole in the center and add the egg along with the chopped butter. Mix with your hands and add the warm water little by little until you get a soft and uniform dough. It should not be sticky.
- Spread a little flour on a flat surface, take your dough out of the bowl and knead it for about ten minutes until it is elastic.
- Make a ball, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge to rest for three hours.
- After time, take it out and wait fifteen minutes before starting to work it again. Add flour again on the table and with the help of a rolling pin, spread it out.
- When your dough is about three millimeters thick, cut the portions with a small plate. The idea is that you get circles of about twelve centimeters in diameter.
- To make the filling, put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Next, place the filling in the center, close and squish the edges with a fork or your fingers. Seal the edges with beaten egg to prevent splitting.
- Spread a sheet of parchment paper on a tray, place your empanadas on top and take to the oven. When your Argentine cheese empanadas are golden brown after 20 minutes they will be ready to be removed. Enjoy your meal!
- To prevent the patties from opening in the oven, prick one end with a fork to let the air out during cooking and not swell.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Argentinean cheese empanadas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Argentinean cheese empanadas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
How to Make Argentine Empanadas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Argentinean cheese empanadas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Argentinean cheese empanadas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArgentine empanadas recipe cheese